Nested composition with motion blur at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Digital Compositing and Effects

Digital Compositing and Effects
After Effects, Shake and everything else.

Old October 13th, 2006, 02:07 PM   #1
Major Player

Nested composition with motion blur

Hi all,

Simple question here, if I create a simple 4-layer comp and I apply motion blur to each layer and turn on the master MB then nest this comp in another one, do I still need to turn on MB in the new one.

Thanks
Phil Gosselin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 14th, 2006, 12:31 AM   #2
Major Player

No, I don't think you do. If I remember the way motion blur works, you would only need to turn on the motion blur for the nested comp if it was actually moving in your composition window. As I'm sure you know, motion blur in After Effects is based on movement of a layer within the composition window, so if the layer is not moving, engaging motion blur will not have any effect. Since you've applied motion blur to layers in your previous comp, it should come through in the nested comp. Test it by really cranking up the motion blur settings (shutter angle) and make sure you are in fact getting blur.
Cal Johnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 15th, 2006, 03:02 PM   #3
Major Player

I see, yes I forgot about the shutter option.

I will give it a go

Thanks Cal
Phil Gosselin is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Digital Compositing and Effects