Pilot guides film look at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Digital Compositing and Effects

Digital Compositing and Effects
After Effects, Shake and everything else.

Old November 17th, 2006, 03:04 PM   #1
New Boot

Pilot guides film look

Does anyone watch Pilot guides, I love the way they use a film look in there show, does anyone here know what software thy may be using to achieve this effect?
David L Watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 1st, 2006, 10:37 AM   #2
Regular Crew

I think they acheive it by actually using film. I have seen Ian Wright holding a super 8 camera a few times. I agree, I like the look a lot.

You can pick up cameras easily on ebay or post something on craiglist in your area. Transfers are not expensive, will run you about under $200 for several cartriges to DV.

I know someone who used the Super 8 B&W camera very effectivily while shooting an episode of Betrayl for History Network.

I thought about using this for my series, but did not want to lug yet another camera around the world.

Michael
Old December 1st, 2006, 10:37 AM   #3
Regular Crew

I think they acheive it by actually using film. I have seen Ian Wright holding a super 8 camera a few times. I agree, I like the look a lot.

You can pick up cameras easily on ebay or post something on craiglist in your area. Transfers are not expensive, will run you about under $200 for several cartriges to DV.

I know someone who used the Super 8 B&W camera very effectivily while shooting an episode of Betrayl for History Network.

I thought about using this for my series, but did not want to lug yet another camera around the world.

Michael

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Digital Compositing and Effects