Credits in Motion at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Digital Compositing and Effects

Digital Compositing and Effects
After Effects, Shake and everything else.

Old February 9th, 2007, 07:40 AM   #1
New Boot

Credits in Motion

Not sure if this is the correct forum -

It seems that when I play my proof back the credits seem to scroll up the screen by jumping to the next postion. I made them by creating a text box then adding a basic motion to them. Is there a better way to create the credits or eliminate the jumping effect?

Thanks,

Kipp
Kipp Felice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 12th, 2007, 12:07 AM   #2
Major Player

are you using this in conjunction with anything? FC has an easy way to do credits
Alex Sprinkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 20th, 2007, 07:45 AM   #3
New Boot

What do you mean in conjuction with anything, I basically used a motion file and put it into my project in FCP.
Old February 21st, 2007, 04:55 PM   #4
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kipp Felice
What do you mean in conjuction with anything, I basically used a motion file and put it into my project in FCP.
Editing software usually has a setup for doing this that is way easier. I'm not sure about FCP, but I know for sure that Vegas has a simple way of doing this. Nothing more than setting a couple presets and selecting the type of animation needed, then typing in the credits. I'm sure FCP has something equally easy.
Old February 21st, 2007, 11:07 PM   #5
Major Player

You may know this already, but if your watching the preview before rendering it may not be showing properly, hence the jumps.Dependant on your computer.
Jack Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 21st, 2007, 11:13 PM   #6
Major Player

Motion in Your Motion?

Quote:
Not sure if this is the correct forum -
I bet it's just the playback...Motion does it real-time. When you say "proof" do you mean a render or just a space-bar "play?"
Old February 22nd, 2007, 08:15 AM   #7
New Boot

It seems like both, it jumps a little in motion (spacebar), then when I import the motion file into FCP and render it it "jumps" a little...

No one other than myself working on this project has commented on it, maybe it is just me...
Old February 22nd, 2007, 02:49 PM   #8
Major Player

Quote:
It seems like both, it jumps a little in motion (spacebar), then when I import the motion file into FCP and render it it "jumps" a little...
Is the motion path a behavior? Are there any keyframes that may have shown up when you hit the "Record" key perhaps? Try adjusting the motion path...it could be there is too much type. Maybe break it up. Also, try rendering it out from Motion first...just to make sure it's not FCP.
Old February 22nd, 2007, 02:53 PM   #9
New Boot

Yes, the scolling of the credits is the motion path behavior.
When you says render outside of motion but not FCP, what do you mean.
What record button?

I must sound like a complete idiot not knowing this stuff but I just use the program for short video clips for tradeshow demonstrations, never had to do much stuff in motion before.

Thanks for the help,

Kipp
Old February 22nd, 2007, 04:15 PM   #10
Major Player

Drat. I lost the post I just made. Forum just hiccoughed.

By "render out from" Motion I meant export from Motion rather than import the project file into FCP's timeline and render. Import (just for testing) the exported media file. Occasionally FCP doesn't read the file correctly, or there's not even video ram to render something right. Even from w/i Motion, but it's just a thought.

By "record" I meant, if you hit the red record dot, Motion will remember where you move stuff and automatically create keyframes for you. It's unlikely, but possible that some keyframes got inserted. But if so, they would more than likely show up as a drift, not a stutter.

If the project is just text and behaviors, it's possible there's too much text for one block to move. Try breaking it up into two smaller units w/ the same behavior...

You could attach the project file here and I could see what it does on my system...

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Digital Compositing and Effects