After Effects Timewarp problem at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Digital Compositing and Effects
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Digital Compositing and Effects
After Effects, Shake and everything else.

Old February 12th, 2007, 07:05 AM   #1
Major Player

After Effects Timewarp problem

Hello,

Here is my question and I hope someone can answer it for me.
I have a 10 minute movie footage that I like to slow motion it with Timewarp at 50%.
However after I did it, it only played back part of the movie and not the whole footage in slo-mo .What am I doing wrong?

Thanks in advance
Matthew
Matthew Amirkhani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 19th, 2007, 12:53 PM   #2
Regular Crew

Are you doing Ram preview? How much RAM do you have? Did you try previewing it in half quality? Sorry for the questions, I've not played around with time warp too much to offer more.
Old February 19th, 2007, 03:20 PM   #3
Major Player

Hi Christoper,

I have 2 Gigs of Ram, I did RAM it to preview but it only played half of the clip.

Thanks
Mamttew
Matthew Amirkhani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 19th, 2007, 07:17 PM   #4
Major Player

Mat

Highlight the clip in the project window and right click. Select "interpret footage" and then loop footage, enter 2. Go to your timeline and stretch the clip far enough so that you can see the whole 10 minutes. It should stretch all the way to 20 minutes.(10 minutes at half speed = 20 minutes).

This drove me crazy for about a month, good luck

Jim
Jim Montgomery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 19th, 2007, 10:38 PM   #5
Wrangler

Without actually trying it, I think Jim's trick ought to work. I'm guessing that the problem is that by default AE is creating a composition of the same duration as your original clip, so that when you timewarp it to 50% speed (that is, twice the duration), only the first half of the clip fits in the composition. If that's the case, an alternative to Jim's technique is to go to the composition properties and make sure the duration is at least twice that of the original clip.
Pete Bauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 20th, 2007, 07:32 AM   #6
Major Player

Pete, Jim and Chris thanks so much for helping me I'll will give it a shot tonight!!

Matthew
Matthew Amirkhani is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Digital Compositing and Effects