GPU Decoder for Sony Vegas and Adobe Premiere - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > Digital Video Industry News

Digital Video Industry News
Events, press releases, bulletins and dispatches from the DV world at large.

Old July 21st, 2009, 07:27 AM   #16
Inner Circle

Randy, I am glad you posted your announcement here and have tried the demo and it seems to work well. I have questions and will send a message to support on your webpage.

I am glad you made your announcement and am shocked at the initial reaction of "whether your posting was cleared by Chris". I see lighting products and other items blatantly promoted on various threads here but feel if the product is relevant and answers a pressing need than it is fine.

I personally would have expected a different reaction to your announcement, such as "wow, cool" but whatever.

Thanks for developing the product. I was in the middle of working on a mulitcam project with one line of AVCHD that was nearly impossible to work with and this has smoothed playback considerably.
Jeff Harper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 1st, 2009, 06:39 PM   #17
Regular Crew

Can you tell me how this would work in the following situation(multiple choice):

4 layers/tracks of AVCHD with various effects and/or levels of transparency/compositing modes/motion tracking.

A. GPU Decoder uses 25 percent of it's power on each AVCHD stream, and the cpu takes it from there to process the effects/composting.

B. GPU Decoder uses 100 percent of it's power on the first AVCHD stream, the cpu has to decode the other 3 and the effects/compositing.

C. GPU Decoder will not accelerate AVCHD if there is an effect applied to the tracks.

D. None of the above. (Please Explain)

Just want to gauge how many simultaneous streams it will accelerate, and under what conditions. Thanks!
Jeremy Dallek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 3rd, 2009, 01:18 AM   #18
Trustee

Oh good, something to work besides just Neoscene for the 5D2. Have to try it out.
Sean Seah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 4th, 2009, 12:31 PM   #19
Trustee

I played around with the demo after I got it installed. I was using Premiere 4.1 which already lets you edit AVCHD out of the box. I only have a nvidia 8400 GT after installing the Divide frame I actually lost alot of performance over just 4.1 native support. Maybe with a better video card it will work better I just got a 9800GT i'll give it a shot next.
Randy Johnson is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > Digital Video Industry News