JVC introduce first Hard Drive Video Camera - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > Digital Video Industry News
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Digital Video Industry News
Events, press releases, bulletins and dispatches from the DV world at large.

Old September 19th, 2004, 05:45 PM   #16

I read that the Sony FX1 uses MP@H14. The H14 spec is 4:2:0 color space. 1 part color info for 6 parts luma info. Very difficult to edit. The pixel aspect ratio is also funky, with a 2:1 stretch. What's up with that?
Bill Ravens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 20th, 2004, 12:15 PM   #17
Regular Crew

Blu-ray

Competing for DVD Supremacy
NY Times
By KEN BELSON
Published: September 20, 2004
http://nytimes.com/2004/09/20/technology/20newcon.html?8hpib=&pagewanted=all&position=

"The rivalry between the competing coalitions - Blu-ray, led by Sony and relying heavily on Sony technology, and the HD-DVD format group using technology from its leaders, Toshiba and NEC - is turning into a fight over whether the television or the computer will dominate the living room."
Chosei Funahara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 2nd, 2006, 11:16 AM   #18
Regular Crew

Not the first HDD Camcorder by any stretch

I know this is an old thread but I had to reply anyway.

this is no where near the first HDD Camcorder - I have been using an HD based camcorder for quite a few years before this was even thought up.

Hitachi MP-EG10W - came with a 340mb PCMCIA Type III Hard Drive

I use 2GB Datapak's but not any longer unless I need the longer recording time. I have found out that if I stick an SD card inside a CD adaptor and that adaptor inside a PCMCIA adaptor I can stick that mess inside the camera and hey it works !! Solid State SD Recording of MPEG1 Video. Nice :-) Doubled my battery life and now 2gb cards are affordable at $53 !

but they might be getting less use soon as I have found the Sanyo HD1 that I am drooling over :-) Gotta save up to grab one of them.

My Hitachi's have served me very well. The only thing they really suck at is low light. Horrendous quality in low light :-(

If I get the Sanyo I plan to get creative with the hitachi's :-)

Chris Taylor
http://www.nerys.com/
Chris Taylor is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > Digital Video Industry News