Will 3D Be Entertaining or Sickening? - Page 3 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > Digital Video Industry News
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Digital Video Industry News
Events, press releases, bulletins and dispatches from the DV world at large.

Old April 20th, 2010, 07:34 PM   #31
Regular Crew

I watched Sony's 3D TV and was not so interested in the CGI movies with very exaggerated 3D and things flying at me but I was very impressed with a live action soccer game! It really brought it to life!

I definitely agree with Robin's comments regarding screen size, I felt the urge to get closer for the same reasons as him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin Davies-Rollinson View Post
Another observation regarding screen size: watching 3D on a 36" domestic tv had me going up to the screen as if it was a window; I needed to see more through the window-frame as it were, so there's certainly a case for larger screens fora more immersive experience.

I 100% agree with Erik's comments about games, I will be camping out all night the day before Gran Turismo 3D-VR is released

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erik Phairas View Post
In cockpit views for racing games. Right now they are annoying, if you could turn your head and check the mirror or look out the side widow it would make all the difference.
Laurence Janus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 21st, 2010, 01:54 AM   #32
Regular Crew

Dude 3d sucks BIG TIME!!! I cant stand it anymore, especially with the talk of 3d games; I love games and will sometimes play for 6 or 7 hours at a time i don't wanna wear some uncomfortable glasses for that long.
My personal opinion is that they are just putting the effect on movies that were meant to be 2d, i saw Avatar in 3d and nothing jumped out at me it was completely useless to me.

My idea for games instead of 3d is just have a monitor that curves around your head, i know that using mutiple monitors gives you the same effect but it bothers me to have the space between sets.
Matt McMeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 21st, 2010, 02:05 AM   #33
Major Player

Highly Entertaining for Me

When they showed 3-D movies in theatres, I and almost everyone else was quite impressed and we even enjoyed what some might have considered to be otherwise bad movies. But, I recall that a couple of people were disoriented by the effect, to the point of nausea and barfing. Be careful about who's sitting behind you, when you watch them.

Ultra High-definition video should be implemented to go along with 3-D and why not include the Russian invention of Smell-O-Vision (a scent generator with its own coding section). An odor sensor could be built into the mikes and have a stereo capability. Like the bifurcated tongues of snakes, this could allow directional location of the scent origins by the viewers (sniffers, actually). Video jocks with B.O. might have a problem.
J. Stephen McDonald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 21st, 2010, 05:36 AM   #34
Major Player

I don't think 3D TV will take off, sure some theater productions will have well done 3D effects, but there are too many variables for illness (both long and short term). I enjoyed avatar but came out a bit wobbly and could say that 2.5 hours of it was definitely pushing the breaking point - so I know I won't buy one, and likely never make a 3D film (even though I could).
Old April 21st, 2010, 09:10 AM   #35
Trustee

For sure 3D will be very entertaining and very popular, but only after they get rid of the glasses

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > Digital Video Industry News