DV EXPO East update at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > Digital Video Industry News
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Digital Video Industry News
Events, press releases, bulletins and dispatches from the DV world at large.

Old July 23rd, 2005, 03:40 PM   #1
Major Player

DV EXPO East update

To those who made the pilgrimage to NYC, perhaps you might be able to indicate the predominant buzz on the floor of the show. Since the XL2 was seemingly the big draw last year, maybe those who attended can let the group know of any Canon plans that were on display.

Thanks!
Jimmy McKenzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 24th, 2005, 05:46 PM   #2
Major Player

Spent the day there on Wednesday. Canon never displays plans--or pre-announces prodcuts. The most interesting thing in their booth was a hi-hat on skateboard wheels. The biggest crowds I saw were around the Sony Z1 in the Sony booth. Which was a bit strange because there were Z1s you could play with in 10 other vendor's booths. A decent sized crowd around the JVC GY-HD100 also. And a number people trying real hard (but mostly failing) to hold the Fig Rig steady for more than 30 seconds. Nothing really new that I saw but still a day well spent looking at things instead of just reading about them, especially with the side trip to B&H.
Bill Ball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 25th, 2005, 08:50 AM   #3
Skyonic New York

the most interesting i saw there was the new upcoming Sony-HCR-HC1, it is so small and light weight, i produced considerible noise shooting black, but it produced an amazing picture considering it's size. It would make a great secondary action cam or pretty much the best vacation cam money can buy because it so small,

shooting steady with the cam did take some effort though...
Robert Mann Z. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 26th, 2005, 09:43 AM   #4
Major Player

Quote:
And a number people trying real hard (but mostly failing) to hold the Fig Rig steady for more than 30 seconds.
Don't you wish you could have a Felis-Rig instead? ;)

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/zack_b...b6.jpg&.src=ph

I just bought a couple more of these accessory shoe adapters and now I've got one for another camera if need be, yet again just $40. =)

But anyway, is there anything new at the show? Don't tell me it's just NAB part 2! <=)
Old July 26th, 2005, 09:47 AM   #5
Major Player

Yes I'll do you one better. I once found one of those camera brackets with the handle that goes _underneath_ the bracket on ebay for $10. I use it to stabilize my Gl-2 all the time and the underslung handle doesnt interfere with the LCD screen. It also comes apart into 2 pieces so it just slips into my camera bag. Unfortunately I've never seen another and their were no manufacturer marks on it.
Bill Ball is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > Digital Video Industry News