Cansonic... Yes, its true! - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > Digital Video Industry News
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Digital Video Industry News
Events, press releases, bulletins and dispatches from the DV world at large.

Old January 11th, 2011, 06:38 PM   #16
Major Player

well, its probably better than some of the 'coby' and 'denon' as well as rebranded 'rca' and 'GE' digital devices sold in the US, by companies like qvc/shop at home. those 4 companies ought to just liquify their assets at this point, and go home.
Panagiotis Raris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 12th, 2011, 01:31 AM   #17
Major Player

I had a relative who ended up with a camcorder and I didn't look at it nearly close enough...it looked like "Panasonic" at a glance, but it was a "Panoramic".

Maybe they only ship that brand with a fish eye lens?
Old January 14th, 2011, 03:03 PM   #18
Major Player

What about Panaphonic, Magnetbox, and Sorny?

YouTube - LOS SIMPSON - (latino) "Yo se distinguir un panaphonics autentico...magnetbox y un sorny
(wish I could find a version in english online, I think I have it on my wall of DVDs at least)
Old January 14th, 2011, 03:13 PM   #19
Inner Circle

How long before we see the brand PANNON on camcorders?
Richard Alvarez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 15th, 2011, 03:48 AM   #20
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Parrish View Post
Hmmm ..... seems to me another asian country also did that years ago, first thing I remember were cars, then electronics .
The Japanese companies after the World war had done lot of "reverse engineering". Today the chinese companies are doing the same, albeit more blatantly like this Canasonic. In Beijing, I saw cars which looked like Ford and GM, but on closer inspection came to know that they were ripoffs manufactured by a large local company whose acronym BYD stands for Build Your Dream.

Akio Morita in his autobiography Made in Japan has clearly mentioned why the name Sony was chosen. They wanted a neutral word as they were apprehensive about a japanese sounding word. So they chose Sony from the latin word Sonus. The words Made in Japan were written in a very small font and the brand name Sony was written prominently. Today Sony is a giant. It may have produced some ripoffs of popular products in its formative stage, however, one can realise that they had deep thought and strategy starting from naming of their company. So just by creating fakes or reverse engineered products alone a company can't become great.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > Digital Video Industry News