Steve Jobs steps down as CEO at Apple. at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > Digital Video Industry News
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Digital Video Industry News
Events, press releases, bulletins and dispatches from the DV world at large.

Old August 27th, 2011, 12:14 AM   #1
Inner Circle

Steve Jobs steps down as CEO at Apple.

I was going to post the news about the one and only Steve Jobs stepping down at Apple but I came across this, so I credit the editor or manager at Audiofanzine and hope they and Chris don't mind, it echos my sentiments exactly ..... quote.

'This week we woke up to the tragic news that Apple CEO and co-founder Steve Jobs has stepped down from his role, citing health problems. While his battle with pancreatic cancer is well known, if he is stepping down now, it must be not such a good sign. As really, considering Jobs' management style and personality, he is not a man to jump ship easily, especially not this Apple ship.

I am not a big fan of Apple. Like almost everyone I have an iPod, but that's where I stopped. While under Jobs, Apple has risen to cult status with beautifully designed machines and gadgets to seduce any pocket, I still dislike the idea of 'closed systems'. One only needs to read Jobs's bio or see Pirates of the Silicon Valley to understand that Jobs' stepping down is like the Dali Lama quitting.

It goes against his nature, unless he really had no choice. Say what you will about Jobs, he has managed to bring back Apple from the verge of bankruptcy and to his credit he has among others the iPod, iPhone and iPad'. (end quote)

I'll go on to say that in a crammed, jammed, modern day 21st century world with endless multiple 0s and 1s .. Steve Jobs is the equivalent of Alexander Graham Bell and Marconi.

I'm sure you'll join me in wishing Mr. Jobs and his family all the very best.
Sincerely,

Allan Black.

Last edited by Allan Black; August 27th, 2011 at 12:48 AM.
Allan Black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 27th, 2011, 08:44 AM   #2
Major Player

Re: Steve Jobs steps down as CEO at Apple.

Agreed. Not a mac user, in fact I don't even own an iAnything, however yes he brought the company back from B-list computer to industry leader & cult following. Mac's are great machines, never really for everyone though. But what they were designed for they did extremely well. Back to him, pancreatic cancer usually is not a good diagnosis. I think usually prognosis is less than 6 months (Patrick Swazye). On a personal level it's sad but I suppose you're right, maybe this is beginning later stages.

You can add Thomas Edison to your analogies too.
David Barnett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 27th, 2011, 11:28 AM   #3
Obstreperous Rex

Re: Steve Jobs steps down as CEO at Apple.

The best quote that I've recently read about Steve Jobs was something to the effect that "he produced things that we didn't know how badly we needed," referring to the popularity of the iPod, iPhone and iPad. And he never let past failures stand in the way of future successes. I hope the rest of his life is filled with family, friends and peacefulness.

Search DV Info Net | 20 years of DVi | ...Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!
Chris Hurd is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > Digital Video Industry News