DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Digital Video Industry News (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/digital-video-industry-news/)
-   -   RIP Steve Jobs (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/digital-video-industry-news/501321-rip-steve-jobs.html)

Jon Fairhurst October 5th, 2011 05:49 PM

RIP Steve Jobs

Apple - Remembering Steve Jobs

Chris Hurd October 5th, 2011 06:01 PM

Re: RIP Steve Jobs

Aaaaaaaaaaaagghh. Only 56 years old. A visionary has passed on. Very sad news.

Justin Molush October 5th, 2011 06:27 PM

If you're an Apple user or love to hate em, you still have to respect the sheer amount that this man has accomplished in his life. Respect and RIP.

Randy Painter October 5th, 2011 06:37 PM

Very sad news. Will be deeply missed.

Allan Black October 5th, 2011 06:40 PM

1955-2011 .. he saw much more of the future than many of us will.

Commiserations to Mr. Jobs family.

Edward Mendoza October 5th, 2011 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin Molush (Post 1686695)
If you're an Apple user or love to hate em, you still have to respect the sheer amount that this man has accomplished in his life. Respect and RIP.

His legacy extends beyond Apple. He transformed the computer, music, phone, and marketing world, amongst other things. So much of what we do today (and very likely what you're doing right now at this exact moment), whether you're a Mac or a PC man/woman, was because of Steve Jobs. A true historical figure, visionary, and trend setter. Rest in peace.

Ralph Gereg October 5th, 2011 07:25 PM

Computers, music, phones... not to forget he also influenced the movie world with his backing of Pixar when they were struggling to make their first move, Toy Story.

Ed Fiebke October 5th, 2011 09:41 PM

How sad it is to read about Steve Job's death. His battle with cancer was public. How brave it was for him to allow his battle with cancer to be so public! I sincerely hope that it served as inspiration and hope to others also battling cancer. I sincerely hope that he met death in comfort, surrounded by those he loved and with dignity. Rest in Peace, Mr. Jobs. You will be missed.

Rob Katz October 5th, 2011 09:48 PM

steve jobs changed my world.

he changed how i worked, played, communicated with my loved ones.

his brilliance will be missed.

thanks steve.

may your family find comfort in all you have achieved.

be well

rob
smalltalk productions

Heath McKnight October 5th, 2011 10:00 PM

Thank you, Steve, for everything you and Apple and Pixar have done.

Heath

Dean Sensui October 6th, 2011 01:37 AM

I earn a living as an independent producer because the innovative vision of Steve Jobs made it possible to edit video on a computer.

Thanks, Steve.

Never got to meet you personally, but I did get a chance to see you deliver a couple of presentations at the MacWorld Expo. Truly an inspiration to us all.

Aloha.

John Richard October 6th, 2011 09:13 AM

Let us not forget that Jobs was a true job creator.

He leaves behind a legacy of 49,000 inspired Team members.

We need so many more like this man - a rare breed.

Heath McKnight October 6th, 2011 09:15 AM

Yes he was; from two employees -- he and The Woz -- to 49,000!

Heath

Allan Black October 7th, 2011 05:00 AM

Out to dinner tonight after a toast to Steve Jobs a friend remarked, his legacy will be, sometime in the future following an important award, maybe even a Nobel Prize, the young recipient will conclude with ..

'My inspiration was Steve Jobs'

We all agreed that we'll see that a number of times, maybe even said by one of his sons.

- - - - - -

Allan Black August 28th, 2012 06:29 PM

It's hard to believe we're coming up to the first anniversary of his passing.

Here's an interesting bit of info. Does anyone know what the Apple logo stands for? That's the apple with the bite taken out of it?

I'm a fan of the German Enigma cypher machine used in WW2 .. the amazing stories of its use, the allies capture and decoding of enemy war messages, how Ian Fleming (James Bond author) got the ideas for his books, and the English manor house Bletchley Park, where the codes were broken.

How the UK chiefs recruited their code breakers and kept the whole thing a total secret from the enemy for the duration of the war.
(I'm right into it, even bought a form of the Enigma encoder on a visit to Bletchley Park last year, so I can send messages and teach my young grandkids.)

One of the WW2 foremost code breakers was Alan Turing, acknowledged in many quarters as the father of the modern computer.
Google him if you're interested.

At present, I'm reading a book titled 'Ian Fleming's Commandos', the stories how Fleming organised his squad to grab enemy intel, in the first few hours
of a surprise raid.

On page 63, there's a note saying that in 1969, British Prime minister Gordon Brown apologised for Alan Turing's 'utterly unfair' treatment by the authorities after the war. The tragic result was, in 1954, Turing killed himself by eating an apple dipped in cynanide.

In the book Zeros and Ones, Sadie Plant says, this is for ever remembered in the bitten fruit logo of Apple.

Interesting stuff. I like to think Steve Jobs was paying homage to another genius from an earlier age.

Cheers.