Adobe's NAB Sneak Peek revealed at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > Digital Video Industry News
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Digital Video Industry News
Events, press releases, bulletins and dispatches from the DV world at large.

Old April 4th, 2013, 03:58 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Adobe's NAB Sneak Peek revealed

Adobe Creative Cloud pro video tools
Mark Morreau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 4th, 2013, 06:01 AM   #2
Trustee

Re: Adobe's NAB Sneak Peek revealed

Looks interesting. The built-in synch feature in Premiere for syncing multicam clips using audio will probably arrive before a proper version of PluralEyes 3.0 for Windows!
Mike Beckett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 4th, 2013, 07:43 AM   #3
Obstreperous Rex

Rec'd via email:

Hi Chris,

Today, Adobe announced the following news for video professionals as the National Association of Broadcasters Show (NAB) kicks off next week:

· Adobe introduces Adobe®Anywhere for video, a modern, collaborative workflow platform that empowers teams using Adobe professional video tools to work together, enabling the access and management of centralized media and assets across virtually any network.

· At NAB, Adobe will demonstrate its leadership in the broadcast and media industry by showcasing new innovative software and video technologies that are transforming the way broadcasters, filmmakers and video professionals create and deliver high-quality productions across multiple screens. Highlights of the show include the first public demonstrations of the next generation of Adobe’s flagship video tools: Adobe Premiere Pro, Adobe After Effects, SpeedGrade, Adobe Audition, Adobe Prelude, Adobe Media Encoder and Adobe Story, revealing a modern, highly-interoperable set of video tools that enable fast, seamless workflow.

· Adobe is providing a special offer aimed at video professionals in North America to join Adobe Creative Cloud for $29.99 a month for their first year, 40 percent off the regular price of an annual membership to Adobe Creative Cloud.

· Adobe will also host a keynote at NAB Post Production World, From Concept to Delivery: The Fusion of New Media and Storytelling on Sun., April 7 from 10:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. (Room N250) featuring panelists:
§ Adam Pertofsky, Rock Paper Scissors
§ Bayan Joonam, Soul Pancake
§ Patrick F. X. Murphy, FX Supervisor and Animation Director for Annoying Orange on Cartoon Network
§ Moderator: Mark Randall, Chief Strategist, VP of Creativity (Adobe)

For more details, stop by Adobe’s booth at NAB (SL3910) or visit Broadcasting solutions | Adobe enterprise. Please also refer to the press releases on Adobe Anywhere and Adobe at NAB.

Search DV Info Net | 20 years of DVi | ...Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!
Chris Hurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 4th, 2013, 11:14 AM   #4
Major Player

Not usually a "stick in the mud" type guy but this whole concept of being a "Creative Cloud" subscriber to get immediate updates vs. being the traditional CS Suite buyer is nonsense.

Getting updates via the traditional package was as simple as downloading the updates from the web. As a holder of 2 current traditional licenses (Mac and Win) I certainly don't appreciate that the updates are now slowed down for the traditional license holders.

I fully appreciate that it is Adobe's prerogative to manage their business model any way they so desire. They know what is good for Adobe far better than I. As someone who changed from Premiere to FCP to be able to collaborate to only switch back to Premiere after the Apple kill of X, I fully appreciate seeing the investment Adobe makes in what seems proven to be a long range desire to meet pro user needs. But let's be a little more honest in the promotion of the Creative Cloud.

Are there some considerations for those many who have current licenses of the traditional Suite (they were very expensive investments just to be thrown away).
John Richard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 4th, 2013, 11:47 AM   #5
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Richard View Post
Are there some considerations for those many who have current licenses of the traditional Suite (they were very expensive investments just to be thrown away).
There certainly have been in the past: there were half price subs for owners of CS3 and above. Right now they're running a promo, which is linked to from the page at the top of this thread. It's on the right hand side. I can't give you the direct link as Adobe sends me to a UK site with pricing in Pounds Sterling, which might be good enough for the Queen, but probably not for you.

My own feeling about being a Creative Cloud member is that I just don't have to worry about spending money on the upgrades, as they come automatically with the Creative Cloud subscription. I know that I use enough different programs that the Creative Cloud membership works out far cheaper for me than to buy old-fashioned licences for all of them. However, your mileage may vary.
Old April 4th, 2013, 11:47 AM   #6
Trustee

Cs6 was a massive upgrade for Premiere. This time After Effects gets a massive upgrade. The integration with Cinema4D is mind blowing sexy. Too bad I'm a 3DS Max guy. Love Cinema4D as well and may need to finally switch over. Using 3DS has been a bit of a pain since I switched to Mac a couple of years ago. Maybe this C4D integration is the key to finally giving up the PC side forever.

Anybody else smell a C4D purchase by Adobe in the future if this proves to be popular?
Thomas Smet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 5th, 2013, 03:16 AM   #7
Major Player

Quote:
Not usually a "stick in the mud" type guy but this whole concept of being a "Creative Cloud" subscriber to get immediate updates vs. being the traditional CS Suite buyer is nonsense.
It's due to some legal and accounting laws in the USA that does not allow them to release new features to the products when they are publicly traded company.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas Smet View Post
Anybody else smell a C4D purchase by Adobe in the future if this proves to be popular?
Nope. They just announced the strategic partnership, and I think it will be that. I guess they considered the merger/buyout before, but decided it wasn't a viable option. OTOH, I would expect more and more integration with C4D in the future.
Old April 5th, 2013, 04:35 AM   #8
Regular Crew

A lot more details and specifics about Premiere Pro's new features and improvements on this Adobe blog:
The Next Version of Premiere Pro
Old April 10th, 2013, 06:27 PM   #9
Major Player

Anybody know when this will be released? Adobe have been mum on this and it's killing me. I figure we'd hear a release date during NAB.
Old April 11th, 2013, 12:00 PM   #10
Wrangler

Quote:
John, you don't need to throw away your investment; you have a perpetual license for the previous version and can continue to use it if you choose.

I also think that a lot of people aren't making a distinction between "updates" and "upgrades." Updates (bug fixes, minor feature enhancements) are still available for perpetually licensed software. But if you want the next version of the software (upgrade), you will have to buy an upgrade license just like you always have had to.

Creative Cloud, as a subscription service, is actually cheaper but allows you access to upgrades as soon as they're finished. If you have CS6 MC, you have Acrobat X (along with all updates) included. As always, if you want XI, you can either buy it stand-alone or wait for the next upgrade of the perpetually licensed suite. I'm using Adobe Creative Cloud and have been on Acrobat XI for months for no additional cost.

There's a lot more to Cloud than Master Collection. This is getting a bit dated, but some months ago I did a short tutorial for DV Info Net about how perpetual licenses and Cloud differ and compare:

Adobe CS6 DVi Workshop: Transitioning to Adobe Creative Cloud at DV Info Net
Pete Bauer is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > Digital Video Industry News