Where's the new stuff? - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > Digital Video Industry News
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Digital Video Industry News
Events, press releases, bulletins and dispatches from the DV world at large.

Old March 26th, 2014, 03:07 PM   #16
Regular Crew

Re: Where's the new stuff?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Arszyla View Post
The Panasonic PX270 does look interesting, I'll have to get more details on that.
Besides being able to shoot 10bit 4:2:2 50Mbps footage somehow onto SDHC cards internally, one thing that amazes me about this camera is it's slow, creep 22x zoom. Comparable cameras with similar zoom reach take about 30 seconds or so to go from full wide, to full telephoto...the PX270 takes 180 seconds! 3 full minutes! Crazy! Plus f11 sensitivity and around 12 stops of dynamic range, 3G-SDI out, and highest spec'd LCD available for camcorders at 1.56M dots. Excited to check it out in person at NAB. Plus, isn't it supposed to launch in March...hmm...March is almost over.

Seems every year NAB announces less and less new cameras. I remember the same "where's the new stuff" last year too. Although, I do wonder about that statement from RedSharkNews about 20 new 4k cams in 2014 by the time NAB hits...guess we'll have to see.
James Hobert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 4th, 2014, 03:51 PM   #17
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliff Totten View Post
Sony has a Sunday afternoon press conference the day before NAB. I'd bet my life we will see at least 1 or 2 new models announced.

I strongly suspect a "pro" AX100 sister camera with XLR top handle and more features. (Maybe XQD card socket and 100mbps XAVC-S?)

Maybe an FS100 replacement in 4K XAVC-S???

CT

The Sony Pro NAB site is hinting the same thing that was said for the AX100. In fact, it says 4K for 2K, 4K for 4K, and 4K for all. I don't know about anyone else, but, I'm hyped about what Sony will unveil.

Sony | Showcase
Ozzy Alvarez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 4th, 2014, 06:29 PM   #18
Regular Crew

4k for $2k - AVX100
4k for $4k - AX1
4k for All - A7s (new full frame 4k 12mp mirrorless camera announced on Sunday)

That's my guess anyway. Seems their photo and consumer camera side is pumping these out like crazy...wish the pro cam side was as aggressive.
James Hobert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 4th, 2014, 06:48 PM   #19
Regular Crew

But, AX100 and AX1 are part of the Sony Consumer Handycam line. The website was for Sony's Pro Division which is its own separate entity from the SonyStyle line.
Ozzy Alvarez is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > Digital Video Industry News