Convert video_ts to iso or img on Mac? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Distribution Center
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Distribution Center
PC or Mac, how to take your video to DVD or the Internet.

Old February 29th, 2008, 02:58 PM   #1
Major Player

Convert video_ts to iso or img on Mac?

Hi!
I burn my dvd files with DVDSP, which makes them into a video_ts folder. But I want them to be in .iso or .img format, to be safer to play on all dvd players. Anybody knows an easy way to do this on Mac, like imgburn on a PC?
Thanks
Urban
Urban Skargren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 1st, 2008, 12:34 AM   #2
Major Player

When doing your building and formatting, at the bottom of the screen, instead of selecting your DVD player, select Hard drive. This will create a disk image. Not sure, though, how compatible this is on PCs
Victor Kellar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 1st, 2008, 04:23 AM   #3
Major Player

Thanks, I found it, and I'll experiment.
Old March 1st, 2008, 06:15 AM   #4
Major Player

I made the img in DVDSP and burned it by dropping it in the Finder window of an empty dvd-r and choosing to burn. But my dvd player says "Disc error" and spits it out. This it said also with another img (dvd) file from my Mac. But earlier I have made many img files from my PC, and they function very well in different dvd players (even better than only VIDEO_TS and AUDIO_TS-folders directly).
Are img files from Mac different than img files from a PC?

The img file works in VLC on the Mac but not in the dvd (hardware) player.

Last edited by Urban Skargren; March 1st, 2008 at 11:41 AM.
Old March 1st, 2008, 05:36 PM   #5
Major Player

As I said earlier, I'm not really sure that Mac img files will work on your PC or the best way to utilize them

On your Mac burn the image file using Disc Utility. Works for me pretty much every time.

Maybe on the PC side you could use Nero. I've done that with PC created image files
Victor Kellar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 2nd, 2008, 10:37 AM   #6
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban Skargren View Post
I made the img in DVDSP and burned it by dropping it in the Finder window of an empty dvd-r and choosing to burn.
Can you really burn a video dvd by drag and drop in the finder? I thought it was a different process. How does it know that it is not just a data disc?
Are you trying to burn a data disc or a video dvd?
Aric Mannion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 2nd, 2008, 04:49 PM   #7
Major Player

A way I know works, create your VIDEO_TS folder from DVDSP and an empty AUDIO_TS folder in a master folder. Use FFmpegX to create an .img out of the master folder (it will ignore whatever the master folder is called and the resulting image will be titled DVD_MOVIE.

Use disk utility to burn the .img to a DVD, the result will be playable in any standalone DVD player (that can handle DVD-Rs).
Dylan Pank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 3rd, 2008, 06:43 AM   #8
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylan Pank View Post
Use disk utility to burn the .img to a DVD, the result will be playable in any standalone DVD player (that can handle DVD-Rs).
Can you describe how you do this in Disc Utility? How do you open the file and how do you burn it?
Old March 3rd, 2008, 06:47 AM   #9
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aric Mannion View Post
Can you really burn a video dvd by drag and drop in the finder? I thought it was a different process. How does it know that it is not just a data disc?
Are you trying to burn a data disc or a video dvd?
As I tried to explain, it wasn't playable in the dvd player, so it was obviously burned as a data dvd (or something different than a playable video dvd at least). That is what is my problem!
If you read my first post you (hopefully) will see I'm trying to make a video dvd, playable in a standalone dvd player. :)
Old March 3rd, 2008, 11:32 AM   #10
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban Skargren View Post
Can you describe how you do this in Disc Utility? How do you open the file and how do you burn it?
If you double click to open the .img folder in the finder, it will appear in the disk burner column on the left (or you can drag and drop the .img to with column).

Then select the .img file in the column and click the Burn icon at the top of the diosc burner window. Then just follow the instruction to burn the DVD.
Dylan Pank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 3rd, 2008, 01:05 PM   #11
Major Player

Success. Thanks.
Urban Skargren is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Distribution Center