HDV 60i FCP: How to output best quality final render for local playback? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Distribution Center
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Distribution Center
PC or Mac, how to take your video to DVD or the Internet.

Old June 17th, 2009, 11:46 AM   #1
Major Player

HDV 60i FCP: How to output best quality final render for local playback?

Hello,

Please help!

I am trying to figure out the best output settings for my 60i HDV Final Cut Pro project...

Basically I just want to render out a final, full resolution, video that could be played via computer and/or projector.

I am thinking h.264 is a good pick for the codec, but I am kinda lost when it comes to the best route to take from my FCP document.

For example, should I just use Quicktime conversion straight from FCP and choose h.264? If so, what are the optimal settings?

Or, should I use Compressor? If so, can you suggest a particular preset and/or settings to use?

About my experience with compressor: When I sent my FCP project to compressor, and then added the Quicktime h.264 default preset, the Compressor output preview window stretched my 16:9 footage vertically... Why's that?

Also, should I de-interlace the video for computer/projector playback?

I would love some help and/or guidance.

Any good tutorials out there for this?

Thanks a billion in advance!

Cheers,
Micky

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Distribution Center