trouble rendering 5.1 AC3 from Acid Pro 4.0 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Distribution Center
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Distribution Center
PC or Mac, how to take your video to DVD or the Internet.

Old April 1st, 2004, 08:10 PM   #1
Major Player

trouble rendering 5.1 AC3 from Acid Pro 4.0

I am trying to render a 5.1 mix from Acid Pro 4.0.

I have the project set to surround,
(File->Properties->Audio->Master Bus Mode = 5.1 Surround)
and I have tweaked the sounds with the Surround Pan tool.

Now when I try to render,
(File->Render As, select the "Dolby Digital AC-3" file format, click Custom and select the "5.1 Surround DVD" template)
I get the "The custom template you selected is not valid with the current project settings. It has been filtered out of the template list." message.

I see what it's trying to say, but what other project settings (other than 2.0 to 5.1 in Properties) should be changed?

Thanks for any help!
Frank Ladner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 10th, 2004, 12:32 AM   #2
Inner Circle

hmm...

whats your actaul project settings set to???

You may not have the actual project in 5.1.

also you need to instal the 5.1 encoder plugin (if yrou runnign an older version.

it seems to me that maybe your default template my be corrupted.. have you tried to tweak the settings yourself adn NOT use a template?

I use Acid to create DVDAudio disc demos for clients and i havent seen this message...
Most of the time im using the default settingts with an extended bitstream config for mixdown purposes.

Like i said, it might be a corrupted file, but it could also be that the main project isnt set to outout as 5.1.

I'l need more info to be able to assist any further.
Peter Jefferson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 12th, 2004, 07:05 AM   #3
Major Player

Peter: As mentioned, I go to "File->Properties->Audio->Master Bus Mode = 5.1 Surround". Is there another setting that needs to be changed?

I can render to 5.1 in Vegas, so I do have the actual plugin.

Thanks!
Frank Ladner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 12th, 2004, 09:24 AM   #4
Inner Circle

first off, you must configure your bus tracks within acids mixer...

its one thoing to have the master mixer playing the 5.1, but if yrou sending RF LF to bus a, C&LFE to Bus 2 and SL SR to bus 3, these busses need to have audio routed into them. u can do this by setting the envelopes within the timeline and creating an automated mixing config in teh 5.1 environment as the track plays

the actualy PROJECT needs to be 5.1.. not just the bus tracks..
(ie you should be able to pan the sound and hear it flying around you when monitoring)
You can always add a bus track but without the audio being routed into it, its just like havin a guitar not plugged into an amp.

so long as these bus tracks are recieving audio you should be able to render it to ac3. if you can hear it, u can record it :)

you should be able to view the envelopes for each bus. Be aware that if ur using effects, you may notice "speaker bleed" what this means is that the effect is "seeping" into the other speakers...
(ie, if ur running a reverb on the rear speakers , that reverb may extend out to the front stereo speakers. This is good for ProLogicII compatibility (the decoder will pick the frequency and phase of the reverb and place it in the rears)
Peter Jefferson is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Distribution Center