Can anyone suggest a Dual Layer drive to get? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Distribution Center
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Distribution Center
PC or Mac, how to take your video to DVD or the Internet.

Old July 14th, 2004, 05:00 PM   #1
Trustee

Can anyone suggest a Dual Layer drive to get?

I have a DVD+R at the moment and want to move to dual format, so though I might as well get a dual layer drive while I'm at it. Anyone have any recommendations or site to look at for reviews etc?

Cheers
Aaron
Old July 16th, 2004, 02:31 AM   #2
Wrangler

Hi Aaron,

In the latest Computer Video magazine, there is an article about it and different reviews on 2 burners, Sony and Lacie (I think?). There is 1 major downful at the moment with dual layer DVDs: They are not compatible in some new/old DVD settop players. They kinda have the same issue as what DVD-R had when it orginally came out many years ago.

If however you are using it for your own personal use and data backup, then there should not be much of a problem.

Good things come to those who wait

My Skiing web www.Frostytour.co.uk

For quick answers Search dvinfo.net | The best in the business: dvinfo.net Sponsors
Ed Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 16th, 2004, 06:47 PM   #3
Trustee

Thanks Ed. Yes I'd use the dual layer stuff for my own backup only so that's not too much of an issue.

Aaorn
Old August 2nd, 2004, 06:25 AM   #4
Regular Crew

I bought a NEC 2510 recently, I havn't used it with any dual layer media yet though due to the high cost. Here's a review: http://www.cdrinfo.com/Sections/Revi...9803&PageId=16
Benjamin Taft is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Distribution Center