Anyone used this Primera Machine at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Distribution Center
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Distribution Center
PC or Mac, how to take your video to DVD or the Internet.

Old September 14th, 2004, 09:33 AM   #1
Inner Circle

Anyone used this Primera Machine

http://www.primera.com/signaturez1.html This doesn't look too bad for a solution. I need a good solution for making labels for DVD's.
Old September 14th, 2004, 10:56 AM   #2
Major Player

I just got mine and hooked it up over the weekend. So far I really like it . USB, one disk at a time, disks clip into place to keep it from moving so it's kinda like putting a cd into a portable cd player, prints to four sections of the disk - top - bottom - left - right, software easy to install and use, prints graphics but doesn't seem to do textures just shapes. Only one color ink at a time. It's pretty fast. I tried to print on a Verbatim that already had Verbatim's logo on it. As long as it is lined up to an area without printing on it, then it's fine. Personally I like the look of plain black thermal printing and it doesn't lock me down to printable media only. The way I look at it, is you don't see the top of the DVD when it's in the player, but the case is always visible. For me doing 2-3 DVDs at a time is fine, larger orders maybe a pain. Let me know if you need anymore info.
Cheers
David Stoneburner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 14th, 2004, 03:01 PM   #3
Inner Circle

Hey David,

Thanks for the info. I'm looking for a way to maybe do less than a dozen DVD's for each event I do. A dozen DVD's would probably be at the top of what I need, then I may contract out for the printing. So in your opinion, this would be a good alternative as long as you're only doing small projects, such as less than a dozen. The other question I had was, how long do you think on average that cartridge will last. I know it depends on how often you use it and how much ink you use on each disk. I was just wondering, the literature doen't bear out how long on average the ink cartridge would last.

Thanks again. If you have a good place to shop for price, that would be great as well. I'm exploring options, this is the only machine like this I've seen.
Old September 14th, 2004, 05:34 PM   #4
Regular Crew

I use a Casio cw-75. It is similar, but has a built in keyboard and does not require you to connect it to your computer. It was around $100. I got a pack of 3 cartridges $15. I highly recommend it.
Will Abele is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Distribution Center