Looping a clip in DVDSP at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Distribution Center

Distribution Center
PC or Mac, how to take your video to DVD or the Internet.

Old August 26th, 2005, 09:07 AM   #1
Major Player

Looping a clip in DVDSP

I'm using DVDSP3 and I need to loop a clip, but all I could find in searches was looping motion menu clips. This is probably easy, but I am missing the solution.

I have a client that I built a 10 minute film for, and they want insert the DVD at a symposium, and just let it loop over and over again in the background. Is there any way to do that with DVDSP? or another application? I used FCP4.5 to build it.

Thanks,
Dan
Dan Shallenberger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 26th, 2005, 09:13 AM   #2
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Shallenberger
I'm using DVDSP3 and I need to loop a clip, but all I could find in searches was looping motion menu clips. This is probably easy, but I am missing the solution.

I have a client that I built a 10 minute film for, and they want insert the DVD at a symposium, and just let it loop over and over again in the background. Is there any way to do that with DVDSP? or another application? I used FCP4.5 to build it.

Thanks,
Dan

Not sure about your system, but Adobe Encore DVD has a box you can check when you build your DVD that askes if you want it to loop. You might just want to go through the procedure for building a DVD on your system and just look for a similar box to check.

I'll check Premiere Pro when I got done with this post.

I finished Premiere Pro 1.5 and it has a loop box also. It is in the firsst window that comes up when you choose Export to DVD.

Mike

Last edited by Mike Teutsch; August 26th, 2005 at 09:18 AM. Reason: Checked Premiere Pro!
Mike Teutsch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 26th, 2005, 10:17 AM   #3
Major Player

Dan,

All you need to do is set the end action for the particular track to be the beginning of the track.

So when it gets to the end, it will be told to jump to chapter one of that track.
Bryan McCullough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 26th, 2005, 10:52 AM   #4
Major Player

Such a simple solution! I've always set the end action to go to a menu, and didn't even think of setting back to the beginning.

Thanks so much!

Dan
Dan Shallenberger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 26th, 2005, 11:51 AM   #5
Major Player

No problem.

Sometimes we're so used to dealing with complex solutions that the easy ones slip right through our minds. Happens to me all the time.
Bryan McCullough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 26th, 2005, 03:31 PM   #6
Regular Crew

You may want to account for menu presses and possibly add the looping segment to the track multiple times so it appears to loop every time but it really loops ever x amount of times. This saves the laser having to re-focus on every loop,

Jake
http://www.rootdvd.com/public/47.cfm
Jake Russell is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Distribution Center