FCP 6 export to .WMV with flip for mac Studio Pro HD? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Distribution Center

Distribution Center
PC or Mac, how to take your video to DVD or the Internet.

Old August 12th, 2012, 12:16 PM   #1
Regular Crew

FCP 6 export to .WMV with flip for mac Studio Pro HD?

Hi guys,
I just purchased Flip For Mac's Studio Pro HD so I can export full quality, or as least compressed as possible files from FCP 6 to .WMV. All I see are "how to's" for FCP X. Can anyone help me with these settings in a step by step format??
Thank you!!!!
Suzanne Zorich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 13th, 2012, 01:33 PM   #2
Trustee

Re: FCP 6 export to .WMV with flip for mac Studio Pro HD?

Hey Suzanne,
Since you have Flip for Mac installed you should be able to see your WMV options when you export using Quicktime conversion and or in compressor. Sometimes you have to dig around a little.
Daniel Epstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 13th, 2012, 02:53 PM   #3
Regular Crew

I can see the "Windows Media" option, it's just coming out horribly compressed. Just hoping someone knows the settings that has used this before to come out as uncompressed as possible.
Suzanne Zorich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 21st, 2012, 10:52 AM   #4
Inner Circle

I don't use this product, but if you haven't tried a setting with 6Mbps (or more) at 1920x1080 you should!

Though WMV is a highly compressed format, it can look quite good at higher bitrates. The useful bitrates for intermediate work in 1080i/p are somewhere around 4-8Mbps. For distribution, 720p at 1.5-3Mbps. Your mileage will vary quite a bit with content.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Distribution Center