DVDSP - making buttons appear after 5 seconds? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Distribution Center
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Distribution Center
PC or Mac, how to take your video to DVD or the Internet.

Old December 13th, 2005, 04:49 PM   #1
Regular Crew

DVDSP - making buttons appear after 5 seconds?

I hope this is a simple question. In my menu, I have a background video set up and I have some arrows as buttons. After the text flies in, I want those buttons to pop up instead of being there at the very start.

In other words, I want it to where when it starts up, the text flies in, and once the text is in place after about 5 seconds, then those arrows appear.

Is this possible?
Brian Farris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 14th, 2005, 07:55 AM   #2
ChorizoSmells

Brian,
yeah, it's simple to do, I make my menus like that. I make the menu movie first, then at about 5 seconds in I have the text and buttons fade in and then it plays for a minute, then when it loops it starts from where the buttons are already up.

Just click on the menu asset and in the inspector, the menu loop point can be set, just set it so it the menu will loop on the point where all the buttons are visible. Once you are seeing the main movie and when you hit the menu button, the menu will pop up, it will play from the beginning, that is the menu movie starts up, then the text flies in and then the buttons pop up. When it plays out and if it loops then it will loop only from where the buttons are already up, you won't see the text fly in. You can also set the end point so you can have it end earlier if you want, just in case you decide the menu movie is too long and don't want to re-render it, just set the end point to an earlier time.

hope this helps.
Old December 14th, 2005, 02:03 PM   #3
Regular Crew

My loop point already is set to 5 seconds, however, the buttons are visible from the very start.

These are the settings for the menu movie timings and the button settings:

http://www.rednek.net/stinky/images/dvdsp.jpg

Are there any settings that are wrong?
Old December 15th, 2005, 10:29 AM   #4
Regular Crew

This project is kind of at a standstill and I'd really like an answer. Is this something difficult to do? Seems like I'm just not looking at a certain box, or window, or checkbox or something.

Thanks.
Old December 16th, 2005, 09:18 AM   #5
Major Player

I'm relatively new to DVDSP (compared to others on this forum), and this might be an over-simplified answer, but you could set your intro video with the flying text as the First Play, then go directly to your title menu with the buttons in it.

Could that be what you're looking for?

Dan
Dan Shallenberger is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Distribution Center