Experimenting with interview narration at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Documentary Techniques
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Documentary Techniques
-- Discuss issues facing documentary production.

Old December 12th, 2015, 07:44 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Experimenting with interview narration

I've got a couple of projects where I have access to major subjects close-by, and I want to experiment with having them do short narrative blocks (sort of like title cards, but more colorful). I'm used to writing title cards for something like this, but people arent keyboards, eh?

Some of them I will have no problem coaching and doing re-takes, while one in particular lives further away and I don't have unlimited access due to travel constraints. Any tips on how best to prompt the subject for the one- or two-liner that I need to segue through the scenes? Also, some of these prompts are more subjective, and not merely narrative, so I can't always just write scripts for the narration.

Do people here have experience with prompting subjects for very short answers, or even writing narration script for them? I'm new to this.

Thanks,
Adjul
Adjul Gardner is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Documentary Techniques