Dolly and revised Crane Pics and Video Up at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Dolly / Track / Cable

Old July 20th, 2003, 10:28 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Dolly and revised Crane Pics and Video Up

I have the revised boom with the pictures of the new dolly and test video posted, please let me know what you think - good and bad - I want to hear from all of you. i know I need to go with smooth tires for the dolly:) I have more plans but need $$$ for that.. Check it out..

http://www.realnola.com/dvprojects/

Thanks for the time and I appreciate your feedback!

--
Kevin Nardelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 20th, 2003, 10:57 PM   #2
Regular Crew

Panning

For following.. I NEED and WANT the ability that I experienced on the movie set I was on. That system was so sweet and so smooth! I should change my tag line to say "I WANT IT ALL!"

I was almost tempted to buy that pan and tilt unit from B&H just to save time but it wont handle the weight of a full size cam.

Before I had all the time in the world, now I have very little. I am working on three web sites and have a custom programming job to do. Writing a special software package for a Home Automation Incorporated panel to interface with a iButton for access control and logging of persons entering and leaving. I have my hands FULL right now, not to mention my wife is on the fritz in one of those depressed states errrr..

I found a cam that I am interested in, if I get this work done I might just get this new camera. Full size Panasonic DV:)

--
Old July 20th, 2003, 11:11 PM   #3
High School Student

How do you plan on hauling this thing around man? It probably weighs like a good 150lbs I bet?

I plan on building a little dolly, but I don't plan on sitting on it or anything. I plan on just making it for my camera and tripod to sit on, and then I can just push it and monitor the camera all by myself, that should work.

If you need track to support 400lbs, get some tubular steel and some smaller tube that will fit inside at each connection, and just rig up some kind of wing nut/thumb screw system to connect them. That would get pretty heavy to haul around, but your already looking at big truck full of stuff. :D
Alex Knappenberger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 20th, 2003, 11:20 PM   #4
Regular Crew

hauling

it's called a trailer.. every redneck down here has a truck or trailer except this one - I gave mine up when i move uptown and now I am out the war zone and need it and dont have it..

i am looking into a new one or maybe building one.. I have been asked that question by every friend or relative that has laid eyes on this setup. they are all curious to see how I get it around. Man if I MUST, I will strap it to the roof of my damn car. I put my canoe up there all the time so whats the diffrernce. the crane breaks down nicely but still runs 12 foot long. the dolly will barely fit "I THINK" hanging out the trunk of my car. i will most likely build or buy a simple trailer..

--
Old July 21st, 2003, 04:21 AM   #5
Wrangler

Kevin, it's probably a good thing we didn't have the crane with us in N.O. that we are using now, or you'd be wanting to build this one instead!!! It really is the best of the best...getting amazing shots with it as usual.

Glad to hear you are progressing with your project.

Best,
Old July 21st, 2003, 12:39 PM   #6
Regular Crew

Oh man...

teasing me now... Take a couple pictures for me:)

--
Kevin Nardelle is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Dolly / Track / Cable