Low $$ Car Camera Mount and Dolly at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Dolly / Track / Cable

Old May 14th, 2004, 09:18 PM   #1
Built the VanceCam

Low $$ Car Camera Mount and Dolly

Just built this car camera mount for some simulated night driving scenes I'm going to be shooting. Only cost about $30 in materials and took about 2 hours to build. Thought others might find it useful.

http://home.teleport.com/~gdi/CarMount2.jpg

While I'm posting, here's a shot of the dolly I built last November. It has pneumatic tires, so with an operator on board it's smooth enough to go over small bumps, like sidewalk cracks. I place marks on the ground/floor so that I can repeat moves. It really works great, and no track to set up. But of course it's only good for fairly smooth surfaces. The seat and pole come off easily and then it makes an excellent equipment dolly.

http://home.teleport.com/~gdi/Dolly112803.jpg
Dan Vance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 15th, 2004, 01:18 PM   #2
Regular Crew

Thanks Dan, I'll be needing a car mount soon myself!
Great idea!
Douglas Akers is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Dolly / Track / Cable