Tripod for Glidetrack HD at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Dolly / Track / Cable
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Old January 21st, 2011, 11:48 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Tripod for Glidetrack HD

I just got a Glidetrack HD and I'm looking for tripod legs to support the weight of the Glidetrack HD 39" (not sure how much it weighs) plus my camera, which is about 15lbs. So to play it safe I would say it needs to support 25 lbs. I don't need a head, just the legs. Looking to spend $200 ish.

Any recommendations?
Old February 18th, 2011, 07:21 AM   #2
Inner Circle

You will need to suspend the Glidetrack between two tripods otherwise with that much weight it will sag at either end. You need something pretty rigid so the Velbon DV 7000 recommended on the Glidetrack site really won't be suitable as it is far too lightweight. I use a couple of Manfrotto 755XBs & they are a bit of a compromise between being rigid enough & light enough to carry around with the Glidetrack.
Nigel Barker is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Dolly / Track / Cable