New Ladder Dolly! at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Dolly / Track / Cable
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Old May 7th, 2011, 07:14 PM   #1
Major Player

New Ladder Dolly!

I have wanted a ladder dolly for some time and just to beat myself up I visit the CamTram site and check over at Abel Cine....just too pricey for my humble needs. But it is SUPERB!
Now there are a few others out there, one from the UK that Hague make and there is another on ebay that is less expensive by Merlin Video Systems. But both are just a little too ....well lets just say they seem.. well I have never tried them so I shouldn't comment.
Sliders are nice and I will probably build or buy a Zaza, however a ladder dolly gives you major movement when you need it and takes up very little space and weight. For me the latter is super important since I spend most of my time traveling and most of it by plane. Weight is a major concern. And you can always find a ladder to borrow or rent anywhere in the world.
Check out this one:
Inline Dolly
Nicely done with the same type of wheels on the more expensive CamTram but a scaled down version with an excellent looking build. I hope we get to see an evaluation somewhere, maybe even a comparison to the others.
Old July 13th, 2012, 04:55 AM   #2
Major Player

Re: New Ladder Dolly!

The Inline Dolly certainly looks pretty solid. I'd love to see some samples from it in movement (can't seem to find any online though).
Mark Kenfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 27th, 2012, 11:55 PM   #3
Major Player

Hmm... well I emailed Inline a couple of weeks ago now (just after my previous post). Still haven't heard anything back from them, which is a little worrying when you're looking to purchase something.

I'm thinking I might opt for something like the Dana Dolly instead.
Mark Kenfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 2nd, 2013, 12:25 PM   #4
Major Player

I just saw a video that I think was using one of these. There is a scene at 2:17 which shows it. I came to the forum to see who makes them, as Filmtools didn't have one listed. Mark, is the Dana Dolly useable with a standard extension ladder?

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Dolly / Track / Cable