Need solution for my DP Slider at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Dolly / Track / Cable
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Old November 1st, 2011, 03:24 PM   #1
Major Player

Need solution for my DP Slider

Hi attached is a picture of my DP Slider 720V with a quick release plate on it. To be able to tighten the quick release down all the way to the slider it has to look like this. I'm wondering if there is anything like a Manfrotto 438 Compact Leveler Head that can go under it so that one it is even with the slider's plate and two that I can lock the quick release in position so that it doesn't turn on me when I'm panning with the tripod head.

How do you mount your camera to the DP slider?

I also don't know what size the screw is that is on the DP SLider but it fits the smaller hole of the 351 quick release plate.
Attached Thumbnails
Need solution for my DP Slider-img_1265.jpg  
Kelly Langerak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 1st, 2011, 06:39 PM   #2
Regular Crew

Re: Need solution for my DP Slider

Hi Kelly,

Have a look at an older post of mine titled "Atlas 10 + NX5U + Manfrotto 057 quick release". It's located just a few threads below this one. It may not be exactly the solution your looking for but perhaps it might give you another idea or different direction to take.

The only catch is that you cant really do much in the way of panning with this type of ball head and by reading your post...that looks like something you want to be able to do...but again, maybe it will spin you in a different direction.
Michael Bray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 2nd, 2011, 10:30 AM   #3
Major Player

Yeah, I have that ball head which I'm selling right now in the For Sale section. I never used it like I thought I would. I'd prefer to have the pan and tilt.
Kelly Langerak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 3rd, 2011, 02:53 AM   #4
Major Player

Kelly,

I have the same adapter on a similar slider. If your problem is the same as mine was when you tighten the adapter to the stage you cannot turn the lever because it is pressed onto the stage stopping it from turning. If this is the problem, what I did was put a shim under the adapter lifting it just high enough to allow the lever to operate.
Mine works fine now.

Bill

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Dolly / Track / Cable