Tripod for Glidetrack at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Dolly / Track / Cable
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Old July 29th, 2012, 04:37 PM   #1
Major Player

Tripod for Glidetrack

Hi All,

I currently use a Manfrotto 055XPROB tripod with a 501HDV head with my Konova slider however no matter how tight I tighten the head the weight of my 5DMK3 and 24-70 flexes the slider when the camera reaches the end of any side.

A little like this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TheKk1BeEqY 3 minutes in.
I use the The Manfrotto 394 RC4 Low-Profile Rectangular Quick Release plate for my equipment and that is how the konova attaches to the 501HDV head.

I am not sure ifs its a new tripod that I need a new head or a better glidetrack to stop this and if anybody has had a similar issue or can suggest some tips how to prevent this it would be massive help.

I film a lot of weddings so putting a stand on each side takes up just to much space.
Tariq Peter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 19th, 2012, 11:09 AM   #2
Inner Circle

Re: Tripod for Glidetrack

Hi Tariq - I have the same problem with my 501HDV and glidetrack - it seems to be within the load for the head (I'm using a 5D) but I just can't get it to lock solid!

I've though about mounting the glidetrack directly onto the half bowl head but then I'm restricting myself for tilt angle.

Have you come up with a solution yet?

Pete
Peter Rush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 19th, 2012, 03:01 PM   #3
Trustee

Re: Tripod for Glidetrack

I use a dedicated tripod with my Igus slider and Glideshot jib.

. It says it is rated for 30 lbs. but the Sanford site says 35. On top of the tripod base I attached a Feisol paning base and a Manfrotto 577 quick release and 501 plate. Very sturdy. You can see the mount photos for my jib here http://www.dvinfo.net/forum/jibs-cranes-booms/506697-i-got-budget-crane-jib-how-do-i-best-use.html

Last edited by Mark Williams; December 20th, 2012 at 08:37 AM.
Mark Williams is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Dolly / Track / Cable