Edelkrone Target Module at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Dolly / Track / Cable
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Old December 16th, 2013, 02:39 PM   #1
Major Player

Edelkrone Target Module

I've been doing some thinking about their Target Module ever since the Launch on 11.12.13 14:15 (European Date Format). This device appears to combine a motorized pan head connected via cable to the module itself. You set the camera on it, point it at your subject and enter a distance between the camera and subject. When you slide, the camera automatically tracks the subject.

The Target Module will supposedly work with their Silder+ V1 (of which I have the original short version) and the V2 versions in all lengths. My thought was this: If the module works with any length Edelkrone Silder, why couldn't you use the module on any other slider by any other manufacturer. I'm not sure how the pan head senses motion, unless it's the module itself that senses the belt moving or the slider itself moving.

It seems that if it were able to be retrofitted, it could work on any slide... Just my thoughts... yours?
Bob Krieger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 18th, 2013, 08:47 PM   #2
Major Player

Re: Edelkrone Target Module

The prototype unit seemed to not pan perfectly smooth, but that is why they're called prototypes. I hope it can do an regular pan too.
Old March 5th, 2014, 02:56 AM   #3
Edelkrone Team

Hi,

Target and Wizard Motion Control Modules are specially designed for SliderPLUS V2 and now also compatible with SliderPLUS PRO. However SliderPLUS V1 owners are also compatible with the Motion Control Modules. SliderPLUS V1 owners could order any Motion Control Module and get a Brand New SliderPLUS V2 for free. You could also check the link down below for details.

edelkrone | Motion Control Modules Program for slide...

Nick Homrich made a review about whole setup SliderPLUS V2, Target and Wizard Motion Control Modules. You could check them out from the link down below.

If you have further questions feel free to contact us anytime via info@edelkrone.com
Old March 5th, 2014, 02:24 PM   #4
Trustee

I don't mean to hijack this thread, but Kessler came out with a similar slider that targets the subject, it's called Parallax.
https://www.kesslercrane.com/product-p/parallax.htm
Warren Kawamoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 9th, 2014, 10:39 PM   #5
Major Player

The Kessler Parallax is much bulkier compared to the Edelkrone system because the Edelkone does a double move.

I have the Parallax and heavy duty cineslider and am real happy with it, but there is always room for improvement.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Dolly / Track / Cable