Simply the Best Slider On the Market... at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Dolly / Track / Cable
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Old March 13th, 2014, 08:32 PM   #1
Tourist

Simply the Best Slider On the Market...

On the quest to find the the perfect slider for me, I finally came across this one. EZ Slider Dolly is a versatile camera dolly and track system
The EzSlider by EZFX.

I've spent a lot of time working with the EZSlider and with out hesitation, it's the Fastest, Most versatile, SMOOTHEST slider I have put my hands on!.

Now I own a Dana Dolly and a Modern Studio dolly, which I have used for years and I got a lot of good shots with them. But when Steve over at EzFX gave me the opportunity to try out there new EzSlider... I WAS BLOWN AWAY.

First thing that took me was how SMOOOOTH it was. The design of the wheels and bearings used to make them turn, is remarkable. The ability to jump from speed rail track straight to the ground or table top, flawlessly and FAST, had me giggling with excitement. The ability to handle any load I threw at it without performance issues was awesome! In fact it really performs best at heavier loads. I ran a stripped down C300 all the way up to both a fully Loaded Sony F65 and Alexa XT and it performed perfectly if not better then the lighter cameras and the mounts for my heads are all interchangeable -75mm, 100mm, 150mm & Mitchell Mount. So I used a Sachlter DV4 75mm, Oconnor 1030B 100mm, Sachlter Video 25 150mm, and Oconner 2575C with Michell Mount.. AMAZING

In Addition, it came with a well built powerful motor with with Variable speed remote for TIMELAPSE...YUP Gear Driven Variable speed Timelapse... SWEET.. I used this a LOT.. While crew was setting up for the next scene, I would et up the EzSlider with the C300 with a 16-35 and run Timelapse of them setting up and tearing down for each scene.. Set it and For get it..

There was a low dolly shot I wanted of feet going up a flight of stairs and with the Tilting Platform of the EzSlider.. The shot came off perfect and FAST.. Lay down track, Tilt platform and ROLL... I did a few timelapse at a incline and it was perfect.

So just throwing that out there. Not many people know about this slider and I think more people should!! I do not work for EZFX I'm just a very satisfied Customer.. Check it out!

Bobby Holbrook
Lafayette
Louisiana
Bobby Holbrook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 13th, 2014, 09:20 PM   #2
Obstreperous Rex

Re: Simply the Best Slider On the Market...

Bobby, can you please post some pics of your EZ Slider in action (use the Manage Attachments button below the text input field on the Post reply page). Thanks in advance and welcome aboard,

Search DV Info Net | 20 years of DVi | ...Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!
Chris Hurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 14th, 2014, 01:18 AM   #3
Major Player

Congrats on the new gear! I'm into time lapse also and just received my Kessler Cineslider yesterday. Got the outrigger feet and Oracle controller. Hopefully the rain stops so I can get out this weekend and get a few trial runs on it.

Have fun!

Mark
Mark Watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 16th, 2014, 06:25 AM   #4
New Boot

Hey Bobby, Thanks for the review. I am in the market for a slider as well. After going to the EzSlider site, I do not see any motorized options. Can you point me in the right direction? Thanks!
Brian Farmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 14th, 2014, 07:52 AM   #5
Wrangler

A) it's not a slider
B) it's far from the best
C) first and only post on the forum is to adver... Uh review... This slider?

If anyone wants a great slider, there is no best, just best for you, check out the
DC slider (price no object)
Cinevate Atlas 10 (bombproof)
CMR Shark (niiiice)
Konova (low cost bang for buck)
Old June 14th, 2014, 11:56 AM   #6
Trustee

Konova K5 is the best bang for the buck in my opinion. Paid £280 for mine, I always keep the rail lubed and clean after every job and it runs perfectly.
James Manford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 15th, 2014, 04:12 AM   #7
Trustee

another infomercial???
Old June 15th, 2014, 08:42 AM   #8
Wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Manford View Post
Konova K5 is the best bang for the buck in my opinion. Paid £280 for mine, I always keep the rail lubed and clean after every job and it runs perfectly.
Also consider that it comes with case/feet and add ons that you'd have to pay more for with other better sliders and they become an even better low cost value.
Old June 15th, 2014, 02:06 PM   #9
Regular Crew

I do agree with Dylan, There are no BEST sliders but ones that fit the job and budget.I own the Kessler Crane Pocket dolly standard length, I have the Cinevate Atlas 10 with All terrain legs and recently purchased the Edelkrone Slider Plus Pro mainly because of length. None are perfect hence why I own 3 different ones. I do think that the Edlekrone should be added to your list as well Dylan. I fly over 100 flights a year and It's really becoming my go-to slider for travel. I do love my Atlas 10 as well, I just can't get over how much their MoCo unit is though.
Brian Chow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 15th, 2014, 09:52 PM   #10
Wrangler

Hey Brian
I'm hesitant to add the Edelkrone. Though smooth and a good design (though interestingly, not original!)... I demoed them pretty hard at NAB this year and they seemed good, the exposure I've had to their rigs has shown that they don't like to be ridden hard, whereas stuff like Konova and Cinevate can take a massive pounding. So unless I actually use it long term, I can't add it. But duly noted.

More importantly to me, I've tried to contact Edelkrone service numerous times, maybe 6-7, over the last 2 years, and not once have they ever gotten back to me. I've got to judge companies on how well they support you as well. I lost a foot of an Atlas 10 once, Cinevate expressed mailed me TWO more for free the same day.

I'm very interested in the long term sturdiness of your Edelkrone though, how long have you had it?
Old June 15th, 2014, 11:27 PM   #11
Regular Crew

Hi Dylan,

I know where you're coming from. The Edelkrone design is quite complex in regards to the number of moving parts and adjustments that may/need to be done inevitably in time. I wasn't thinking for you to add it to your rentals but just add to the general list of good sliders. I've only had mine for a few weeks now so time will tell as I'm not abusive with my gear but I don't baby it either. I've used it on 4 shoots so far and have 3 cross country and one european trip coming up in the next 4 weeks so I'll let you know how it holds up. I do agree that the Cinevate stuff is as tough as nails, it just doesn't have the nice small package I'm looking for to carry-on the plane (I carry on everything). Not sure if you saw this already but here is a detailed review of my experiences of the slider and the action module so far. I also had a hard time contacting them in the past, I think they were too swamped from NAB but I seems to have much better luck phoning them. Will keep you updated in terms of long term reliability.

Old June 16th, 2014, 04:48 PM   #12
Regular Crew

I love when people come up with things that are so simple yet no one has done it (not that I've seen) That auto tracking is brilliant. Only drawback is the weight capacity. I even love the magnetic support arm. Very smart. I have to resist though - 3 sliders is enough for now. Watch, the next one won't even touch the rails, it'll ride on a magnetic field or something, now that would be cool.
Old August 28th, 2014, 06:11 AM   #13
Major Player

Well, I'm still perfectly happy with my Cinevate Atlas 30.
4 Years ago it was the best choice by fast, IMHO.
Supersmooth.
Old November 24th, 2014, 03:56 PM   #14
Regular Crew

UPDATE Available?
Michael C. Ray is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Dolly / Track / Cable