How's everyone doing? - Page 5 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > The DV Challenge
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

The DV Challenge
An organized theme-based competition where Content is King!

Old August 12th, 2007, 07:04 PM   #61
Major Player

Done and done. e-mail sent. nothing else i can do now about it...

Best of luck all...

Kevin
Old August 12th, 2007, 08:14 PM   #62
Trustee

Mine's done. Jinxed from the start with no cast, no crew. 3 tries at organizing something and finally headed out to a location, just me camcorder and tripod.

Turned out a lot better than I thought it would, but I ain't a gonna hang on the wall this time.

Looking forward to y'all's films

see ya in the funnies
Bruce Foreman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 12th, 2007, 08:27 PM   #63
Major Player

what are the rules on language, as in swear words? If it is OK for TV, ok for DVC? I didn't see info on this in the rules.

Thanks.
Lisa Shofner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 12th, 2007, 08:31 PM   #64
Major Player

Uploading now. Woo Hoo! Almost thought I wouldn't make it because I was having trouble with the music. I stink at doing things with loops. Then I decided a little money could make the problem go away and was better than disappointing the kids by not finishing on time.

Good luck to everyone.
Smile,
Kris
Kris Holodak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 13th, 2007, 09:36 AM   #65
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa Shofner View Post
what are the rules on language, as in swear words? If it is OK for TV, ok for DVC? I didn't see info on this in the rules.

Thanks.
I don't think there are a lot. DVC 2 or 3 had a s and f bomb I believe.
Old August 13th, 2007, 09:43 AM   #66
Wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa Shofner View Post

Thanks.
There aren't any actually. My film just pushed the boundries about half a mile....
Old August 13th, 2007, 11:29 AM   #67
Major Player

AWESOME! Mine is not G, but it's not R ;-)
Lisa Shofner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 13th, 2007, 12:22 PM   #68
Major Player

Well, I'm boned. The actual shoot came together too smoothly for me to get away without issues, I should've known something would come up.

Got a master and two over the shoulder shots for the conversation taking place; the master was poorly framed (too much headroom, and too difficult to see the funny stuff sitting on the table in front of my character), one OTS was missing audio (never work yourself into a panic over your Beachtek's battery running out, 'cause if you're an idiot like me and you turn it off to save power you'll forget to turn it back on) and the other was too dark to make out the people featured in it. Always with me this stuff is too dark, I've got to get some real lights.

I built myself a 35mm adapter earlier in the week, and while using it I neglected to perfect the relay focus at one point (changed lenses, must have bumped my camcorder's focus or zoom wheel by mistake), so most shots are very soft. Not so bad, considering it would have gone on Youtube, but still.

All that, plus the audio was horrific, the theme was weak (thanks in part to the poor framing I mentioned earlier), and I couldn't find any music. But excuses, excuses, this is all a long-winded way of saying I'm too embarrassed to attach my name to something this bad, so I'm hanging by my toes from the Wall once again. At least my spot's still warm from last time.

I give credit to Chris Ruiz, though, as while I was initially offended by his suggestion that my films could possibly have been too stretched out, I gave his one minute movie idea a shot, and came up with a story I liked that fit in less than two pages. Some last minute story tweaking (eliminating one of two 'punchline' sight gags) helped immensely, and the version of the film that I cut is fifty seconds long. The movie's a piece of garbage, but it was an excellent exercise.

Can't wait to see what the rest of you guys did with this!
Robert Martens is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > The DV Challenge