Challenge closed... but Free bonus day! - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > The DV Challenge
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

The DV Challenge
An organized theme-based competition where Content is King!

Old August 14th, 2007, 06:11 PM   #16
Major Player

What would help is if Dylan made a rule that the keywords "dvchallenge" "dvc", the theme name and anything related are disallowed in youtube posts until the link is released.

that would stop a lot of the YouTube auto-linking issues.
Lisa Shofner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 15th, 2007, 03:13 AM   #17
Contributor

That's a good idea Lisa, and it would probably work.

But I think it would hinder Dylan's ultimate goal of making us all rich and famous by having us be discovered on YouTube. It's all about exposure, if we hide our entries; that may defeat that purpose.

I still am not clear about why they should all be released at once.

In the beginning Dylan and his crew where doing the judging, and I think he wanted to present the entire competition as an event, and to maintain a kind of suspense. I think he is also power hungry, and enjoys watching us twitch and whine, pleading with him to release the entries. (strangely enough he hasn't jumped into this discussion) I think that (the suspense part) is a cool idea, but I still think that there will be enough suspense (and power monging for Dylan) with the announcing of the winners. In my opinion we should feel free to watch the entries as they are posted. People who post early will get the benefit of more concentrated viewing and maybe more comments.

Frankenstein meets XL1
Daniel Kohl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 15th, 2007, 07:58 AM   #18
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel Kohl View Post
That's a good idea Lisa, and it would probably work.

But I think it would hinder Dylan's ultimate goal of making us all rich and famous by having us be discovered on YouTube. It's all about exposure, if we hide our entries; that may defeat that purpose.

Actually, it wouldn't really hurt all that much. Say everyone posted the weekend of the theme release (yeah right), they'd only have a week or maybe two at most before Dylan officially released the links. Once the link is released, the users could feel free to add the dvc tags to their videos and get all the accompanying exposure levels. It's quick and easy to change youtube "tags" on a video.
Lisa Shofner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 15th, 2007, 08:28 AM   #19
Wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel Kohl View Post
(strangely enough he hasn't jumped into this discussion)
(shh... I'm building suspense)
Old August 15th, 2007, 08:48 AM   #20
Major Player

DVC Feedback

Hey, I guess it's open season on all the shorts, since it is trivial to find them now. I'm putting up my feedback thread and am going to start watching the ones that I can comment on now.

If this disqualifies me from anything, I just have to say, my tenth grade art teacher warned me that no good would come from my cheater tendancies.

youtube is great!
Dick Mays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 15th, 2007, 09:10 AM   #21
Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick Mays View Post
Hey, I guess it's open season on all the shorts, since it is trivial to find them now. I'm putting up my feedback thread and am going to start watching the ones that I can comment on now.
Go for it!

I'm right behind you.

Frankenstein meets XL1
Daniel Kohl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 15th, 2007, 09:08 PM   #22
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick Mays View Post

If this disqualifies me from anything, I just have to say, my tenth grade art teacher warned me that no good would come from my cheater tendancies.

youtube is great!
I came into this thing, seeing the rules, thinking that the minute the YouTube versions go up, it's public. At the same time I did NOT release my links (bigger better sizes and formats) to the public or put them on any of my websites yet. So I was unsure, but YouTube pretty much kills any privacy.
Old August 15th, 2007, 09:25 PM   #23
Wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marco Wagner View Post
I came into this thing, seeing the rules, thinking that the minute the YouTube versions go up, it's public. At the same time I did NOT release my links (bigger better sizes and formats) to the public or put them on any of my websites yet. So I was unsure, but YouTube pretty much kills any privacy.
True. I'll work on that for next time....
In the meantime, I'll start releasing the films Monday, if people could hold back on the feedback threads until then, it would be cool.
Old August 15th, 2007, 09:27 PM   #24
Trustee

Great! You got it. No more from me until then.

One solution to the YouTube thing - there is a privacy switch I believe -google video has one.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > The DV Challenge