DVChallenge – Inspiration at work! at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > The DV Challenge

The DV Challenge
An organized theme-based competition where Content is King!

Old August 22nd, 2007, 09:02 PM   #1
Regular Crew

DVChallenge – Inspiration at work!

I have a couple friends at work who enjoy making videos for a hobby as much as I do, and when I first read about the DVChallenge #9, I tried to get them involved. None of them wanted to do it because they didn't think they could pull it off in one week.

So...

We decided to do a little “friendly” competition amongst ourselves, using the same criteria (a theme, a deadline, yadda, yadda). Of course our deadline isn't until October 1st and our time limit is anywhere between 3 minutes (min) and 20 minutes (max). Our theme (not picked by me) is SUPERHERO.

After getting word of it, our HR director decided it would be fun to turn it into a company wide event (Florida division). We have decided to host all the videos on a big screen in our main training room and will have a viewing for the employees during a lunch hour. We are even going to pull out our popcorn machine for the event.

We have decided to make movie posters for each movie and place them throughout the building one or two weeks before the “big” premier. :)

My movie is called "HERO OF THE MASK" and is pretty much complete (I shot most of it during the week of the DVC-9). It is a story of a neighborhood that is becoming "dangerous" and in need of a superhero. After an internet search, one man (me) finds a website with a mask that gives him superpowers.

My movie will end up with a total running time of about 18 minutes. Attached is my poster (smaller version of course) and below is a link to a trailer I posted on YouTube.

Anyway, I just wanted to thank DVinfo for inspiration and thought I would share with everyone what has transpired from the DVChallenge.

YouTube link:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H-5xlzkSuDQ

Stacy
Attached Thumbnails
DVChallenge – Inspiration at work!-poster-small.gif  
Stacy Dudley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 22nd, 2007, 11:10 PM   #2
Wrangler

Superheros eh?
Hmm... that's a pretty good theme!
Old August 23rd, 2007, 05:34 AM   #3
Regular Crew

Stacy,

Is your resemblance to "Mr. Incredible" mere coincidence? :-)
Old August 23rd, 2007, 05:45 AM   #4
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glen Johnstone View Post
Stacy,

Is your resemblance to "Mr. Incredible" mere coincidence? :-)

Well... I am quite the handsome man! And modest too! :)
Stacy Dudley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 27th, 2007, 09:18 AM   #5
Major Player

Hey, that's awesome. Your company is fantastic.
Good luck to you!
Benjamin Durin is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > The DV Challenge