DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   The DV Challenge (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/dv-challenge/)
-   -   The DV Challenge #10 SIGN UP THREAD (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/dv-challenge/104478-dv-challenge-10-sign-up-thread.html)

Dylan Couper September 27th, 2007 12:16 AM

The DV Challenge #10 SIGN UP THREAD

What? Already?

HELL yes. I know all of you are SPOOKED by an early DVC sign up thread. I expect the competition will be MURDER, and most of you won't have a GHOST of a chance. Meanwhile, I'll enjoy you all TORTURING yourselves over your films while I drink a ZOMBIE or BLOODY Mary.

The contest will begin Thursday Oct. 18th and end Sunday Oct. 28th.

Post your intent to compete here!

Sign up for the mailing list on the new (but unfinished) DVC site, to get updates, rule changes, and more along the way. They will get posted here as well, but if they are in your inbox, you'll have no excuse.

http://thedvchallenge.blogspot.com/

Chris Barcellos September 27th, 2007 01:04 AM

Though I don't have a ghost of a chance, I'm still in !!

Darryl Ahye September 27th, 2007 03:52 AM

I'm THRILLED to be in...

Paul Firth September 27th, 2007 06:50 AM

Count me in.

Matt Wall September 27th, 2007 08:06 AM

I think im going to have a go!

Dylan Couper September 27th, 2007 10:40 AM

I should make a rule that you can't sign up without posting a horror pun.

Lorinda Norton September 27th, 2007 11:39 AM

In that vein….sign me up for this nightmare. I’ll hack and saw my way through something!

Travis Johnson September 27th, 2007 01:24 PM

I'll take a shot at it.

Daniel Kohl September 27th, 2007 02:26 PM

Knowing Dylan the theme is going to have something to do with soft cuddly things or fairy landscapes.

But I'm game. I don't have the handle "Frankenstein meets XL-1" for nothing.

If I passed up this challenge, I know that I would suffer worse than experiencing the hells of Dante's inferno, be plagued by the pestilence of demonic dysentery, and be pretty unhappy as well...

... It was so nice not being on the wall of shame.

Bring it on Dylan ... bring it on.

Daniel Kohl September 27th, 2007 02:31 PM

oh uh ... I'm dying (and being brought back from the dead) to take part in this next DV Challenge.

Kevin Randolph September 27th, 2007 03:39 PM

I don't vaunt to be rude, after zaying dat I would commit to at least vone of zee challenges. Zo I vill throw my hat in zee ring.

P.S. - How the bloody hell do you type in a bad Dracula accent?

Robert Martens September 27th, 2007 03:56 PM

I think I can GIGLI up a little something for this GLITTER STARRING MARIAH CAREY contest.

Ha ha, zing! Such fresh, topical humor why, I could write for The Tonight Show! Seriously, though, I look forward to another contest. I'm sure we'll all BOOBERRY well.

Hugh DiMauro September 27th, 2007 06:39 PM

Here Goes

In the spirit of fun, why not take part in this hauntingly good spooktacular? I just might have a devil of a chance to finish something in time. Although with a demanding full time job, the situation may seem grave with trying to decide WITCH idea to use.

Dennis Khaye September 27th, 2007 08:13 PM

I'll see if I can scare up my regular crew of mutants.

Jeff Hendricks September 28th, 2007 06:38 AM

I am in............

Dick Mays September 28th, 2007 11:47 AM

In, In, In, Weird. I kept trying to type the word that rhymes with Kraut, but the monitor kept displaying "In,".

Spooky...

Roger Rosales September 28th, 2007 07:53 PM

Count me in. Unfortunately, DVC 9 didn't pan out for me.

Can't wait for the theme.

Randall Allen September 28th, 2007 09:50 PM

Add me to the list.

Greg Boston September 28th, 2007 11:37 PM

What the HELL, I might as well enter Dylan's House of PAIN. Even though I'll likely end up being TORTURED while HANGING from the Wall of Shame.

-gb-

William Gardner September 29th, 2007 07:56 AM

Count me in. (Count, like the vampire. Sorry, too tired to think up a good pun...)

Bill

Daniel Ross September 29th, 2007 12:47 PM

The tension builds-- I may be in. Can you taste the suspense?

Ronn Kilby September 29th, 2007 02:10 PM

We All Scream for Eyes Cream

Fangs for the memories Dylan. I'll have to see if there's a 'remote' chance that 'Brian can take a meating.'

Ronn
The Studio at Kilby Pond

Justin Carlson October 1st, 2007 09:21 AM

I'd kill to be in this! :)

Andrew Hood October 1st, 2007 11:03 AM

I'm signing up - I'd do it in blood, but it gets lost in typing/posting.

Rob Stoner October 1st, 2007 02:34 PM

count me in

Ruth Happel October 1st, 2007 05:34 PM

I'll sign up for this, I enjoyed the one I did earlier.

Ruth

Stacy Dudley October 1st, 2007 06:35 PM

Ruth and Johnny side by side, went out for an auto ride.
John hit a bump, Ruth hit a tree.
John kept going... RUTHLESSLY! :)

Ok, so that has nothing to do with my intent to "DIE-rect" a short for this competition, but I thought Ruth might like my little poem.

Stacy

Jesse Steele October 2nd, 2007 11:20 AM

Well, Doing the DVC will be better than taking a chainsaw to the back of the head!...wait...No one better steal my idea!!!!!

I'm in.

Josh Chesarek October 2nd, 2007 01:15 PM

Ok, I have wanted to try this out for a while so count me in! Maybe I can collaborate with Stacy as she is just around the corner from me, well in range for a quick slash (i will practice on my word play I promise) :-p Looking forward to a good time!

Mike Teutsch October 2nd, 2007 07:14 PM

Better get off of my BLOODY ass and sign up.

May not have to work alone this time! I’ll call my buddies JASON, FREDDY, MICHAEL and CHUCKY. Perhaps we can work a little VOODOO or MAGIC and make a KILLER film. I’m still HAUNTED that I didn’t get my own entry in for DVC#8 and didn’t rate well in DVC#9, so I need a RESURRECTION from the GRAVE.

The hardest part for me is usually thinking of a PLOT that fits DYLANS theme and I end up BURNING the midnight oil until I’m BRAINDEAD, FREAK out, go PSYCHO and try to SLASH my wrists. I have never had the pleasure of coming up with two ideas and having to decide WITCH to use. That would be ALIEN to me. Usually it’s so hard to get just one good idea that I just want to be held by my MUMMY!

When it comes time to shoot, I worry about the TERROR, DREAD and DOOM of getting EVIL DEMONS, GREMLINS or PLOTERGEISTS in my equipment that cause malfunctions and turn me from DR. JEKYLL to MR. HYDE! When that happens, my crew thinks I’m CURSED and it FRIGHTENS and CREEPS them out. I SCREAM like some BANSHEE from a GRAVEYARD in HELL and act like some sort of MANIAC or WOLFMAN! Their faces turn white as a CORPSE from a CRYPT stolen by BODY SNATCHERS! That’s SPOOKY!

Don’t get me started on editing and getting it uploaded!!!!!

So even if you’re like Chris and don’t think you have a “GHOST” of a chance, jump into the PIT of FIRE and sign up anyway. It’s a MONSTEROUSLY good time that will get your SPIRITS up!

Oh, like DRACULA----------COUNT me in. :)

MIKEY

Stacy Dudley October 2nd, 2007 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Josh Chesarek (Post 753241)
...Maybe I can collaborate with Stacy as she is just around the corner from me...

Josh,

I would enjoy very much colaborating with someone on a project. However, I am sorry to burst your bubble as I am not a woman.

If you would still like to discuss collaborating (knowing I am not a female) contact me at sdudley@tqs.com

Stacy

Dick Mays October 2nd, 2007 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stacy Dudley (Post 753421)
Josh,

I would enjoy very much colaborating with someone on a project. However, I am sorry to burst your bubble as I am not a woman.

Stacy

Stacy,

Please disregard those photos I sent to you.
Second thought, please forward them to Lorinda...

Lorinda Norton October 2nd, 2007 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dick Mays (Post 753424)
Stacy,

Please disregard those photos I sent to you.
Second thought, please forward them to Lorinda...

Hahah!--huh??? Say now, Dick….how come I was second in line?

;)

p.s. to Dylan: Sorry we messed up the sign-up thread (even though you messed it up first). :)

Josh Chesarek October 2nd, 2007 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stacy Dudley (Post 753421)
Josh,

If you would still like to discuss collaborating (knowing I am not a female) contact me at sdudley@tqs.com

Stacy

Oh man, sorry dude. My Girlfriend will by happy to hear it though :p Ill shoot you an email still :-D

Dick Mays October 3rd, 2007 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lorinda Norton (Post 753434)
Hahah!--huh??? Say now, Dick….how come I was second in line?

:)

On third thought. Lorinda, please destroy the photos. I obvioulsy have no business even talking to women, based on my track record...

Marco Wagner October 4th, 2007 05:17 PM

Can't stop, addicted to the DV! Put me in the frying pan, so i can jump in the fire!~

James Huenergardt October 4th, 2007 08:11 PM

Well, I haven't been able to enter the last few, I'll try to see if I can shoot something this time. Count me in...

Ruth Happel October 5th, 2007 04:00 PM

Stacy,

Saw your poerm, and notes about collaboration, but since I'm nowhere near Florida, I guess you'll have to be RUTHLESS!

Jon-Paul Stracco October 5th, 2007 08:38 PM

If I ever finish gnawing through my wrist and escape from this poorly lit basement dungeon guarded by the wolfman and frankenstein (who do fight sometimes), then MAYBE I will try to shoot a film for this contest.

Meryem Ersoz October 8th, 2007 11:14 AM

no GUTS, no glory...i'll take a STAB at it! signing up.