DVC10 - And the Winner is... at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > The DV Challenge

The DV Challenge
An organized theme-based competition where Content is King!

Old November 5th, 2007, 10:19 AM   #1
Wrangler

DVC10 - And the Winner is...

Guys and gals, it's been my pleasure to run DVC10, the first horror themed DV Challenge. Thanks to everyone who submitted a film, they were all fun to watch!

And now it's wrapped up. The votes are in. The winner is chosen. A $250 shopping spree provided by our sponsor Guy Cochran at www.dvestore.com is ready to go to the new champ. Thanks Guy. It sure makes it more fun when there's something to battle for!

And of course thanks to Chris Hurd and the rest of DVinfo.net for being the best damn video forum on the internet.

And thanks to everyone who submitted a film. If it wasn't for you guys... well, I could have spent the last two weeks in Jamaica.... Hmm...

Anyway, you are all winners simply for the fact that you got up and did it. Making a short film isn't easy, which is why we call this a challenge!

But as always...

There can be only one!

So... the results...

This is the first time ever, that all films submitted received at least one vote! If nothing else, it is an indication of the quality of this batch of films, so a big shout out to all! Everyone gets a nod here.

Honorable Mentions:
Films that score at least three or four votes get an honorable mention. This challenge, they are:

Mugurel Dragusin "Knock-Knock Freak"
Ronn Kilby "Cutter's Revenge"
Joshua Chesarek “Instant Message”
Travis Johnson “I’m Sorry”
Marco Wagner “Unforeseen”
Dick Mays "Better Day"

DVC10 RUNNERS UP
Second runner up
Joshua Chesarek “Instant Message”

Nice work Joshua, it was very close between you and...

First runner up
Marco Wagner “Unforeseen”

Great short Marco! Very nicely done.

And now...

Drum roll please...

THE WINNER OF DV CHALLENGE #10 IS....

Travis Johnson “I’m Sorry”

Travis, great work!

Nice and scary, good twist at the end, all packed together into a tight film.
Congrats! Email me your address and I'll get dvestore.com to get your prize on the way!

And that ladies and gentlemen, is a wrap. Tune in to DVC11 in December for our annual charity event!

Cheers!
Old November 5th, 2007, 10:31 AM   #2
Regular Crew

*GIANT GASP!!!!!* Not really to much on words right now as I'm just in shock. I really want to thank everyone who voted for me. It was so fun being involved with the challenge and not only has it brought a great prize for my work but has brought me many lessons for my future in film making. I couldn't be more happy right now, this has made my not so great day turn into the greatest day I've had in a long time. Thanks so much again for the votes and for the feedback I received. Making this film was a great experience and I can't thank DVInfo for giving me the inspiration to go out there and make things happen.

Really need to add in some thank you's:

Thanks to:

Dylan for organizing the challenge
My dad for helping setup and design the set
Branden and Dee for helping out with everything
Rusell, Jenn and Meck for their great work on screen
Lauren for the great hair and make up
Travis Johnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 5th, 2007, 10:42 AM   #3
Major Player

Hey Travis, congrats, spend it wisely though :)
Old November 5th, 2007, 10:50 AM   #4
Major Player

Great Job

Hey, this is the first time I've gotten the top three films right! Great work to you all! You guys did the scary stuff well.

I enjoyed the scary movie stuff so much, I made another scary movie last weekend for the 50 hour film competition in Atlanta. I will post a link in a few days so my buddies here at theDVchallenge can give me likes and adds!

Now, it's back to work, I have a tough problem to solve. (I have to find a reason to be sick and go home to get some sleep..)
Dick Mays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 5th, 2007, 11:05 AM   #5
Major Player

Wow :) Thanks for the votes guys! We could not have "lost" to to two better films :) Very well done. Thank you Dylan and DVeStore for putting on the great competition. I cannot wait for the charity event :)
Josh Chesarek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 5th, 2007, 11:10 AM   #6
Wrangler

Congratulations, Travis! It’s always good to see nice things come to a nice guy. I’m glad your not so good day just got much better. Great work!

Cheers to my DVC buddy Dick Mays, and to the rest of ya’s, as well.

Thanks, again, to Dylan, Chris, and Guy for making this such a fun place to be.
Old November 5th, 2007, 11:15 AM   #7
Regular Crew

Thanks for the congrats! I also want to give props/respect to everyone who entered this with me. We all had the motivation and courage to do something in a somewhat short amount of time and I'm happy to have been involved with this challenge along side other great and talented film makers!
Old November 5th, 2007, 11:30 AM   #8
Trustee

Travis, Joshua, Marco and all those who got an honorable mention:

Congrats, folks.

Travis' problems are just beginning tho. He has to decide (choose wisely) from a probably bewildering array of "goodies" to spend his prize on...

Have fun, guy.

The big win for me, as always, was in seeing what each of you accomplished with your work. I knew at the start that we were going to see the most imaginative group of works yet...And we did.

This one was more fun than usual.

P.S. I have a link to the "behind the scenes" with the "ghost hunter" team in my feedback thread.
Bruce Foreman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 5th, 2007, 12:52 PM   #9
Major Player

Congratulations Travis!

Here's to you and your crew Travis! Well done indeed.

I'm smiling as I read your words. Once you get over the shock and buy something cool from Guy at the dvestore.com, won't you take a moment to let us all know what treats you selected?

Congratulations to Marco and Joshua in the Runner Up position too. You guys did great!
Old November 5th, 2007, 02:06 PM   #10
Trustee

Congratulations, Travis! Spend your winnings on good stuff! And congratulations to everybody who entered. This was fun.
Old November 5th, 2007, 02:10 PM   #11
Wrangler

congratulations to you, travis. and to marco and josh as well. that was a great round y'all. lots of fun.
Meryem Ersoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 5th, 2007, 03:25 PM   #12
Regular Crew

Thanks so much! I am thinking or upgrading my audio equipment and getting a RODE NT3 and spending a little extra out of pocket to get the Steady Stick.
Old November 5th, 2007, 03:43 PM   #13
Trustee

Congratulations Travis, nicely done! Way to end the year huh?

Thanks to all for the feedback, reviews, and the Runner Up spot. Back to the drawing board (NLE) for me...
Old November 5th, 2007, 06:29 PM   #14
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travis Johnson View Post
Thanks so much! I am thinking or upgrading my audio equipment and getting a RODE NT3 and spending a little extra out of pocket to get the Steady Stick.
I got the Steady stick and it works quite well for helping hold up a non shoulder camera when filming for long periods of time :)
Josh Chesarek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 5th, 2007, 10:58 PM   #15
Wrangler

Let me add my congratulations to Travis for a job well done. I enjoyed seeing what everyone came up with.

-gb-
Greg Boston is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > The DV Challenge