DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   The DV Challenge (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/dv-challenge/)
-   -   How's it going? (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/dv-challenge/116066-hows-going.html)

Jay Kavi March 7th, 2008 02:11 AM

We wrapped shooting at 2am last night (started at 5). The Editor's on it now

*fingers crossed*

Sanjay

Bob Thieda March 7th, 2008 06:18 AM

Tick, tock...tick, tock....

Runnin' out of time and nothin' shot yet :(

Bob T.

Lorinda Norton March 7th, 2008 02:25 PM

That's great, Jay! "The Editor's on it now..." --words that strike fear in the hearts of those of us who try to do it all on our own. I should try to find an editor...or a camera man...

Bob, if you're hurting for ideas just remember that your film doesn’t have to include dialogue, or even actors, and it doesn’t have to be long, either. Mike Teutsch won a DVC with a great 30 second PSA!

I found out this time that shooting a movie with minimal or no dialogue makes things much, much easier. :)

By the way, for those of you who are ready to send YouTube links, just a reminder that the old email address is dead; send your link to thedvchallenge@gmail.com.

In the email, include your name, title of your film, and the link.

Jim Montgomery March 7th, 2008 02:29 PM

I THINK I am back in the game! Shot everything I need plus pick ups and cut aways. Found an actress, she's three months pregnant but after effects to the rescue.

Jim

Joseph Tran March 7th, 2008 03:01 PM

Wrapped shooting at 4 this morning. The lights are cooling, the batteries are charging, the actors have their vouchers.

Now it's time for post, right after this post... let's hope my computer doesn't suddenly cras

Mike Teutsch March 7th, 2008 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim Montgomery (Post 838884)
Found an actress, she's three months pregnant but after effects to the rescue.

Jim

I don't think After Effects is going to help that. Oh, you mean, OK! :)

M

Oliver Pahlow March 7th, 2008 03:32 PM

I have not given up, yet. I finally have an idea.

Oliver

Robert Martens March 7th, 2008 05:12 PM

Good God. My inkjet printer pulled through for me at the last minute and produced output without banding. I cleaned the print heads, checked all the highest quality settings, bam, out comes a print looking the way I expected it to. Can't remember the last time that happened.

If this isn't a sign from above, I don't know what is. Here's hoping I get this sucker shot tonight so I have a couple of days to work on my sound and music.

Bob Thieda March 7th, 2008 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lorinda Norton (Post 838879)
Bob, if you're hurting for ideas just remember that your film doesn’t have to include dialogue, or even actors, and it doesn’t have to be long, either. Mike Teutsch won a DVC with a great 30 second PSA!

Ideas are not the problem....Time....Time is the enemy...

We shall see.....

Bob

Jonathan Jones March 7th, 2008 11:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim Montgomery (Post 838884)
Found an actress, she's three months pregnant but after effects to the rescue.

Jim

But....I thought pregnancy WAS the after effects.

j/k
I couldn't pass that one up.
-Jon

Stephen van Vuuren March 8th, 2008 12:06 AM

Got everything shot today. Now just see if I can edit, sound and music this weekend.

Ken Bates March 8th, 2008 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bob Thieda (Post 838963)
Ideas are not the problem....Time....Time is the enemy...

We shall see.....

Bob

Ideas are SO my problem. I have blank canvas syndrome like crazy.
Plus the time thing. But that can be addressed with giving up sleep and working your hiney off. Not knowing what to do is by far more frustrating to me.
In a way, having a wide open topic like "change" makes it harder in that way. A very specific topic would be easier for me I think.
So, I will have miised the boat, on this my first DVC.

Bob Thieda March 8th, 2008 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ken Bates (Post 839225)
Ideas are SO my problem. I have blank canvas syndrome like crazy.

LOL...that was me when I signed up for my first Challenge....
After that, I stayed away for a time.

But I did complete a UWOL challenge a couple of weeks ago and was feelin' cocky....so I tried again.
And when I heard the theme....ideas just started flowin'...

Then family, work, life conspired to use my time and now all I have is tomorrow....(which erases most of my useful ideas)....

But we shall see!

James Gigante March 8th, 2008 01:33 PM

I got called to a couple different contracts... starting the day the topic was released. So I got nothing.

Robert Martens March 8th, 2008 08:03 PM

Well, I fell into another of my patented last minute funks and almost didn't shoot anything, but managed to get my rear in gear at the eleventh hour. Not a good habit to get into. Finished shooting (with help from dear old dad, as usual) just a couple of minutes ago. Tonight's some preliminary editing, tomorrow's tweaking, music and upload, if all goes well. I'm about to go capture my footage, wish me luck!