How's everyone doing? - Page 7 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > The DV Challenge

The DV Challenge
An organized theme-based competition where Content is King!

Old May 3rd, 2009, 08:42 AM   #91
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorinda Norton View Post
The bulk of the footage for my movie didn't get recorded. When I handed the camera to my sister I forgot to hit the record button. *sigh* I think I know what caused the brain lapse but it'll give away too much if I say.

So it was back to the store for more "food" and we'll try again tomorrow afternoon. I have a five hour commitment tomorrow night so this is going to be interesting.
I got in front of the camera this time too. It truly is horrorfying to give up control and not know what the images look like until you start editing. Got some flares and focus issues, but piecing it all together today. It'll be interesting.

Good luck on completing it today. As Joseph points out, chances are it will be better the second time around!
Dick Mays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 3rd, 2009, 02:11 PM   #92
Major Player

Yea BUT

This is a good thing....Lorinda does such a great job this might allow others a chance to win or at least compete...

As for me, I was the only talent in mine. "LIFE" But I was able to K.I.S.S. and did everything I wanted to... I feel good about it but again I'm the only one to see it... Tomorrow you all get to see... Anyway wish all the best...
Old May 3rd, 2009, 03:33 PM   #93
Wrangler

What a sweetheart! Last time we got to see you in these parts was over three years ago, wasn’t it, Craig? Some things tend to go downhill over time… ;)

My sister and I reshot the whole thing and now I have to leave. I won’t know until at least 9pm what I’m looking at. But thanks for the encouragement, fellas. It kept me in a good mood even when my Cool Light was being pelted by a rain/hail storm right before we started. I threw an old shirt over the top and a towel on the little ballast so it wouldn’t short out….tough little light. The pic was taken several hours later.

By the way, now that I lend a hand to Dylan my films are in the "non-competition" category. Just as well. :)
Attached Thumbnails
How's everyone doing?-cool-light.jpg  
Old May 3rd, 2009, 07:18 PM   #94
Major Player

Good memory...GGGEEE

yep 3 years ago for the Christmas Challenge...

But this time I was trying to get a bit of help from a guy at work who always wants to do stuff outside of work... So I sign up for the contest in hopes I would have help... You guessed it... No Help... Even had bad ideas for a script... So I guess that's what I get for trying to be the kind gentle soul I am...

As for Some things tend to go downhill over time…... Yep it's called marriage and having a kid...Honestly I did have some bad health stuff going on the last few years and this contest was good for me...

Anyway Just a few more hours left... we should have another contest just to see who will finish..... I say 17... Latter
Old May 3rd, 2009, 09:05 PM   #95
Regular Crew

The 11th hour. And I cannot get premeire to export video. Crashes every time. I have now broken the video up into 5 1minute segments and will try rejoining them after exporting. Then upload at the very last minute. Ah I'm a bit nervious I wont be able to get my video off my computer in time...
Clint Harmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 4th, 2009, 12:04 AM   #96
Major Player

It's cut, it's mixed, it's compressed, it's uploaded, it's emailed, it's atrocious.

I'm just glad I learn so much making these movies, because an end result like this by itself is embarrassing. Public humiliation does serve to discourage me from doing things like this again, of course, so it's not all bad. That and my parents and I spent a month screwing around with this stupid movie (not to mention the money that's been spent) and I'm not about to drop out an hour from the deadline.

Sorry to hear about your trouble, Clint; I ran into something similar an hour or two ago, Liquid played my audio tracks fine in the editor but added a half second silence to the rendered WAVs. Had to export each track individually and mix them in Audacity. A blessing in disguise, though, since I was able to tweak things a bit more delicately. I'm not really sure it was worth it.
Robert Martens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 4th, 2009, 12:21 AM   #97
Wrangler

You are singin' my song, Robert. We could be the Blues Brother & Sister tonight. But even that doesn't work... ;)
Old May 4th, 2009, 12:53 AM   #98
Inner Circle

Sent my links in last night. Hope you got them Dylan and Lorinda. And I managed to sabotage Chris Swanberg, so he couldn't get one in. On location, I personally destroyed his sisters home, knocking down vases and wall hangings, and then sticking the mic boom out the window so we would hear nothing but 2009 traffic in the middle of his 1940's French countryside scene setting... Thats one way to knock off competition...

Oh I forgot, I also managed to destroy one of his flo lights too..
Old May 4th, 2009, 01:00 AM   #99
Major Player

Chris is too kind.... but everything he says is more or less true....HOWEVER.... it was my poor decisions that led to me dropping out.... my 5 minute film is closer to 8 or 9..... and I am tired of editing ...I'll add my late non competition entry this week... if for no other reason than to prove my incompetence and dedication to the Lightrider Franchise.
Chris Swanberg is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > The DV Challenge