Couple of questions on challenge at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > The DV Challenge

The DV Challenge
An organized theme-based competition where Content is King!

Old September 4th, 2005, 10:16 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Couple of questions on challenge

Now the day drawing closer, my palms are starting to sweat, my feet are itching and camera is starting to talk to me ....... but apart from that I`m feeling fine apart from 2 things I`d like to know.

1) I saw somewhere in one of the threads that there was a possibility that your site might be ready to host the entrys for DV3, is this going to be so or do we host ourselves and you link to our own websites.

2) Also, looking at previous entrys to this thread there quite a few links to the entrys for DV2, is it adviseable to do this, seeing at it will increase our bandwith usage and the judges might not get a look in if bandwidth is exceeded and you (the judges) get there after everyone else. Thought I`d mention it especially as some of us may have restrictive bandwidth usage.
Andrew Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 4th, 2005, 02:16 PM   #2
RED Code Chef

Dylan does not post the links to the movies until AFTER the judging has been
done. This to ensure the judges indeed can download the movies on bandwidth
limited sites. So there should be no worries there!

Rob Lohman, visuar@iname.com
DV Info Wrangler & RED Code Chef

Join the DV Challenge | Lady X

Search DVinfo.net for quick answers | Buy from the best: DVinfo.net sponsors
Rob Lohman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 4th, 2005, 03:07 PM   #3
Wrangler

Rob said it. That's our way of making sure everyone gets judged fairly and on time.

To answer question #1, no there is no video hosting set up for DVC3. I was hoping to do it, but haven't found the time. I'm still reluctant to offer hosting as it gets into a whole other set of potential problems.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > The DV Challenge