DVC#3 Wall of shame at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > The DV Challenge

The DV Challenge
An organized theme-based competition where Content is King!

Old September 15th, 2005, 03:33 PM   #1
Contributor

DVC#3 Wall of shame

Well, I guess I will start this thread.

I figure putting myself on the WOS voluntarily, somehow lessens the pain. It's kind of like standing in front of a firing squad and turning down the blindfold.

It's really a darn shame, since I actually got some footage shot. But as life would have it - three paying gigs all right after each other and I'm stuck here fixing some things that went not entirely as planned. So my buffer for the challenge has vanished, and I will be pulling an all-nighter anyway for something not half as fun or rewarding as the DVC.

From victor to wall paper. Good luck to those of you that made it. I can't wait to see the entries.

Frankenstein meets XL1
Daniel Kohl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 15th, 2005, 06:22 PM   #2
Wrangler

Daniel, you can always redeem yourself in DVC4.
Old September 16th, 2005, 01:19 AM   #3
Regular Crew

Is a breakup that took 3 days a good enough of an excuse?

I guess I could have filmed that experience and just turned it in. Well, now that there's no girl to get in the way DVC 4 will be my number 1 concern!

Add me to the WOS :(

-Eric James
Eric James is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 16th, 2005, 01:25 PM   #4
Major Player

Chain me to the wall, as well. The first idea that popped into my head ended up not working out, as my other actor fell through; after that, I couldn't come up with any new ideas to replace the old one (which wasn't terribly good to begin with), so that's the end of that.

Maybe next time.
Robert Martens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 16th, 2005, 03:03 PM   #5
Major Player

Sign me up for the WOS too :(
I had a concept and even squeezed in a short script writing session between work.

Like you Daniel, I'll be up tonight working on far less amusing projects (not even video). While I hang my head in shame and curse my day job, I look forward to redeeming myself on #4.

Philip Williams
www.philipwilliams.com
Philip Williams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 16th, 2005, 08:39 PM   #6
New Boot

Well its the wall for me, I have tons of excuses but, I will be back
Barbara
Barbara Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 16th, 2005, 08:49 PM   #7
Regular Crew

well lets see, started writing on tuesday (didnt get my idea until then) and now that brings me to 7 49 of the day its due, i just filmed my last shot right now, so its editing for me, looks like i will end up here but who knows
Scott Hebert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 17th, 2005, 12:16 AM   #8
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel Kohl
Well, I guess I will start this thread.

I figure putting myself on the WOS voluntarily, somehow lessens the pain. It's kind of like standing in front of a firing squad and turning down the blindfold.

It's really a darn shame, since I actually got some footage shot. But as life would have it - three paying gigs all right after each other and I'm stuck here fixing some things that went not entirely as planned. So my buffer for the challenge has vanished, and I will be pulling an all-nighter anyway for something not half as fun or rewarding as the DVC.

From victor to wall paper. Good luck to those of you that made it. I can't wait to see the entries.
Daniel, I was probably most looking forward to your film of them all. I absolutely loved your last one. It is an honest shame that you didn't have time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Hebert
well lets see, started writing on tuesday (didnt get my idea until then) and now that brings me to 7 49 of the day its due, i just filmed my last shot right now, so its editing for me, looks like i will end up here but who knows.
I too just started editing today after finishing shooting late last night. You can do it!
Mitchell Stookey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 17th, 2005, 12:24 AM   #9
Regular Crew

no i started editing to night after i finished film tonight as well, just to clarifly things, my video doesnt make sense, i dont really think at least, but its done!
Scott Hebert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 17th, 2005, 07:05 AM   #10
Major Player

Yeah stick my mugshot on the wall too... I think next time I'll defo have to be more prepared.. I only found out about a day or so before the deadline before, and my assembled crew kinda fell thru which is unsurprising. Next time I shall go the auteur route and do EVERYTHING hah :)

Hopefully either #4 will be free, or I'll be allowed entry cos I donated thinking it was compulsary this time around. Is there an ETA of #4 yet? Looking forward to seeing other peoples entries just because I couldn't get my head around the subject matter at all. (Not for 0 budget anyway)
James Connors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 17th, 2005, 10:38 AM   #11
Wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Connors
Hopefully either #4 will be free, Is there an ETA of #4 yet?
It will always be free!

ETA is right around Oct. 30th.....

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > The DV Challenge