T-shirts, certificates, and such... at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > The DV Challenge

The DV Challenge
An organized theme-based competition where Content is King!

Old September 30th, 2005, 05:35 PM   #1
Wrangler

T-shirts, certificates, and such...

If you donated to the DV Challenge, check your emails. I emailed everyone today who did. If you didn't get an email, or got the wrong one, please email me back!!!

If you asked about T-shirts, more t-shirts, or anything else, and I said remind me as soon as I send out emails about sizes and such, now is the time to remind me! :)

Dylan
Old October 5th, 2005, 01:12 PM   #2
Wrangler

Ok, some chaos on my end with work schedules has kept me from getting to the post office during business hours. Saturday, guaranteed.

For those who are waiting for an email back from me, no worries, it will happen shortly. I just have to get through the rest of this week.

And finally, where is my film? Currently sitting on my HD. My web connected computer has been limping pretty badly in need of a formatting, I just hadn't done it because I didn't want to be down for a day or two during DVC3. Currently I can't get my FTP software to work. Your next question is, Wall Of Shame for me? And the answer is, "haha, no, the head judge got to see it in time." :) Anyway, my first priority is getting everyone their prizes, then getting my computer fixed and film up.
Old October 14th, 2005, 01:22 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Hey I was just wondering about the shirts. Have you sent them out? I sent you an extra $15 that you said I could to get a t-shirt, and I haven't hear, nor seen anything yet. Just wondering.

Thanks
Sincerely,
Jeff Tyler
Jeff Tyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 16th, 2005, 01:16 PM   #4
Wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Tyler
Hey I was just wondering about the shirts. Have you sent them out? I sent you an extra $15 that you said I could to get a t-shirt, and I haven't hear, nor seen anything yet. Just wondering.

Thanks
Sincerely,
Jeff Tyler
Hey Jeff, yup, I've sent some of them out. When I ordered the shirts I did a pretty bad job of guessing sizes and colours, as 75% of the people wanted the same size/colour combo. :) Anyway, I should have send an email out to those who were delayed, but well... I don't have an excuse. I got extra shirts back from the printer on Wednesday, but haven't had the chance to mail them. However, I am currently printing all the remaining addresses out so I can put them in the mail tomorrow morning.

As for shipping time, the post office people said two weeks on the shirts, so if they don't start showing up by the end of this week, let me know.

So, uh, anyone want to buy a stack of medium, white DV Challenge t-shirts cheap? :)
Old October 17th, 2005, 05:18 AM   #5
Major Player

I'll buy three

Dylan,

I'll buy three shirts, for my kids in Ektachrome. Tell me the cost and shipping and I'll PalPal you. Email to dickUNDERSCOREmaysAThotmail.com
Dick Mays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 18th, 2005, 01:00 PM   #6
Wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick Mays
Dylan,

I'll buy three shirts, for my kids in Ektachrome. Tell me the cost and shipping and I'll PalPal you. Email to dickUNDERSCOREmaysAThotmail.com
Emailling you now. I'm out of some sizes but will have more in a week or so.
Old October 18th, 2005, 01:55 PM   #7
Wrangler

To all who should be expecting a shirt, please give a post letting me know when they start to show up.

Thanks!
Old October 24th, 2005, 01:44 PM   #8
Wrangler

looky here, my spiffin' dv challenge t-shirt arrived today....thank you, dylan! these are pretty nice.
Meryem Ersoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 24th, 2005, 07:08 PM   #9
Trustee

didn't received mine yet...
Old October 25th, 2005, 05:23 PM   #10
Contributor

I got my t-shirt today. Thanks Dylan!

And thanks for the extra C for Matilda. Nice touch. You make me feel even worse for having bagged out of the DVC3 completely.

I have one comment on the subject of bagging - how the H have you managed to organize this DVC, take care of ordering T-shirts, shipping certificates and T-shirts to all over the world and make a living? You clearly don't have a life! Or you won't if you keep this up.

I didn't mean that to be insulting - you clearly have a life - I just wanted to make a suggestion that might make your life a little easier.

And this suggestion is in no way a negative comment on the really good quality t-shirts and printing. What would you think about sending the winners or people who want t-shirts, a PDF with the DVC logo and maybe a customized slogan so that they can get their own t-shirt printed?

I know that this idea would blow your whole marketing concept out the window - but I'm guessing that you were not planning on offering DVC coffee mugs and action figures in the near future.

I just feel like this might have more of the character of your certificates - down and dirty - hot off your laser printer.

You could still make available, to people who live in regions were there are no copy shops with iron on laser printer t-shirt decal equipment, (and I know that the quality screened t-shirt you sent was only possible because you ordered a lot of them at once) one of your top screened DVC tees. But I for one would have been plenty happy with the simpler variation.

Just my 2 Euro cents.

Thanks again for everything.

Frankenstein meets XL1
Daniel Kohl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 25th, 2005, 06:02 PM   #11
Wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel Kohl
I have one comment on the subject of bagging - how the H have you managed to organize this DVC, take care of ordering T-shirts, shipping certificates and T-shirts to all over the world and make a living?
It's cause I'm single....

Amazing the things you can get done without a woman in your life....
(heh, ok ladies, flame away! I'm just kidding, really!)
;)

As for the other suggestion, yeah, if anyone wants to get the .psd of the design, and print it on whatever they like, that's fine. I was actually thinking of easier ways of handling the t-shirt thing and offering other stuff, as I'd like to do several styles of shirts (baby-T, long sleeve) but can't order enough to make it cost effective. I did think about doing mugs, but I figured one thing at a time.

I know there are some web stores out there who will take your orders and put your logos on anything. I was thinking about using one of those, but not sure how people feel about them.
Old October 25th, 2005, 06:05 PM   #12
Major Player

my shirt arrived today.
thanks
" When some wild-eyed, eight foot tall maniac grabs your neck, taps the back of your favorite head against a bar room wall, and looks you crooked in the eye, and he asks you if you've payed your dues, well, you just stare that big suker right back in the eye, and you remember what old Jack Burton always says at a time like that, 'Have you paid your dues, Jack? Yes sir, the check is in the mail."
Michael Gibbons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 25th, 2005, 06:58 PM   #13
Wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylan Couper
It's cause I'm single....

Amazing the things you can get done without a woman in your life....
(heh, ok ladies, flame away! I'm just kidding, really!)
;)
Is that why you didn't take me up on my offer? ;)
Old October 26th, 2005, 11:16 AM   #14
Trustee

Got my shirt and certificate today! Thanks Dylan! The shirt is really nice!!! If I can express a comment, a small logo on the front would be great.

I will wear it proudly! :)
Old October 26th, 2005, 01:30 PM   #15
Regular Crew

I got mine today. Looks good.
Jeff Tyler is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > The DV Challenge