DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   The DV Challenge (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/dv-challenge/)
-   -   DVC4 Sign Up Thread (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/dv-challenge/54829-dvc4-sign-up-thread.html)

Michael Gibbons December 1st, 2005 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sean McHenry
May the best video win.

Sean

I prefer that I win, but have it your way.

Jimmy Bustos December 1st, 2005 10:15 AM

Oops I must have signed up at a different thread yesterday. Anyways I would like to join the contest, It sounds fun.

Jonathan Jones December 1st, 2005 01:01 PM

$ sent....I guess I'm in.

Well, I'm guilted into it. I think I got in just under the wire because I see the theme is not yet posted. I wasn't going to sign up this time around, because I don't have the time or the $....but this forum and the DVC's have done wonders for my knowledge base and helping my own business, I need to give up a little kickback.

My wife will be a little P.O'd, but that is okay, I just spent a few hours for her by running Photoshop pranks to aide her and her office buddies who 'kidnapped' a little office statue for a prank. I photoshopped him traveling all over the world and sent anonymous photos to the office employees to get them rolling....so I can allow myself a little time for this challenge....very little...so that will be by goal.

Lucky for me there is no wall of shame this time around, and since a major part of my business is to support charities, I'm good to go.

My plan...for DVC1 , my goal was just to make an entry with some type of depth (it was too deep)
DVC 2, I worked on how to frame a good shot
DVC3, how much story content can I squeeze into the time limit

This time around, I will see what I can do on a budget of time and funds. I will try to use the cheapest stuff I have around the house, and no more than 3 hours for the whole thing - write, shoot, and edit.

I expect it to be a major bomb, but my goal is to do something with almost nothing.

So far...I'm kinda in.
-Jon

Craig Bellaire December 1st, 2005 05:43 PM

Do We Have A Topic yet? 6:45pm EST

Do We Have A Topic yet? 6:45pm EST... This is almost fun just waiting.... hhhmmm

Dylan Couper December 1st, 2005 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Craig Bellaire
Do We Have A Topic yet? 6:45pm EST... This is almost fun just waiting.... hhhmmm

Here you go!
http://www.dvinfo.net/conf/showthread.php?t=55355

Sorry for the late post of the theme, I was at the Canucks game last night... We won 4-2... you figure out the rest.... :)

Robin Yusaf December 1st, 2005 05:54 PM

Hi,
I just signed up under the wire.
Hope it;s not too late.

Robin.

Mike Teutsch December 1st, 2005 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dylan Couper
Sorry for the late post of the theme, I was at the Canucks game last night... We won 4-2... you figure out the rest.... :)

Ah, I think I see, hence the theme for DV#4! You will feel better tomorrow Dylan.

Mike

Dylan Couper December 1st, 2005 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robin Yusaf
Hi,
I just signed up under the wire.
Hope it;s not too late.

Robin.

Normally once the theme is posted, no more sign ups are allowed, but seeing how it is a holiday theme.... sure, come on in!

In fact, anyone who wants to join from this point on is welcome to, which I say while rattling the charity fund box at you! ;)

Owen Bickford December 1st, 2005 08:41 PM

thanks!!! I'll be scraping some dough together tomorrow.

Chris Barcellos December 2nd, 2005 01:15 PM

I'm In Too

Chris Barcellos is in. I signed up under another thread. And donation was sent. Thanks to all for their patience with this obvious newbie..

Chris.

Mugurel Dragusin December 2nd, 2005 04:56 PM

I'm in

I'm in also. Signed-up via e-mail before the theme was posted and I figure out it would be good to have my mark posted here.

Good luck to everyone.

Dave Perry December 2nd, 2005 08:01 PM

Is it too late to sign up?

Is it too late to sign up? If not, count me in.

Mike Teutsch December 2nd, 2005 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave Perry
Is it too late to sign up? If not, count me in.

I may be mistaken, but I thought that Dylan said anyone can enter no matter when this time as it is just a charity Challenge, but I'm sure that he will reply to your post.

Personally I have no objection, the more donations the better I say.

Best of luck anyway,

Mike

Riley Harmon December 2nd, 2005 09:49 PM

school will not give me resources to make mine, glad to be apart of a university that fosters creativity, alas probably best I drop from this because of finals too, ill still send a donation once paypal approves my card

http://www.rileyharmon.com/temp/soup.jpg

good luck everyone

Riley Harmon December 2nd, 2005 10:01 PM

scrap that, im not letting the negativity of this school damper my 'spirit' COUNT ME THE HELL IN