How many finished DVC5? - Page 3 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > The DV Challenge
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

The DV Challenge
An organized theme-based competition where Content is King!

Old April 10th, 2006, 12:27 PM   #31
Regular Crew

I finished a few days ahead (we're moving this week) and sent in the email. We'll see!
Joe Winchester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 10th, 2006, 01:52 PM   #32
Regular Crew

Wall of shame for me, dangit. I think I had too much time on this one. I kept putting it off, then when I was ready to get started other things snowballed on me. But I'll sign on for the next one. Gotta keep trying! Congrats to all of you that finished!!
Sheila Ward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 10th, 2006, 02:33 PM   #33
Trustee

As for the revolution idea, first, "it will be televised" and second, I'm the first one ready to pick up a plow share and beat it into a weapon (wait, is that backwards?) and beat the bastard suppressors with it but, and I can't believe I am about to say this, without fear of retribution for presumed wrongs and transgressions against society et. al, this here forum of folks, we would all run about willy-nilly doing whatever we want, saying we'll commit and then drinking and putting it off till the last second, no, wait, that was me...

Oh heck. While I have no love for Big Brother, I can see where the threat of Big Brother is enough to help keep the masses in line, like rubber duckies. If we don't have the fear of the WOS, we might never get the numbers of folks commiting to the effort that we have now. Besides, it's like nailing jelly to a tree. It don't mean nothin' so what the heck.

If Dylan wants to come to our houses and publicly chide us for our inability to follow through, even if we were drinking his favorite brand and fell off the couch into a coma for 3 or 4 weeks, well, we will just have to ride that public humiliation out knowing we have the chance to be redeemed at a date to be named later.

I came oh so close this round. I could feel the icy hand of the WOS near my nether regions (don't ask - it was a cold night OK) and the foul breath of his friend Cherry bus, the multi-headed hamster mascot of the river named after the rock band Styx. I narrowly escaped out of sheer fright and yet was able in that darkest night of the 23 hour to spit out something I actually like. Without the fear of the dreaded WOS, I would have possibly given up and succumbed to the dark side. In the words of the short green ass kickin' troll doll, there is no try, only mountain dew. Or something like that.

My opinion may vary directly with alcohol content.

Sean

http://www.DeepBlueEdit.com
Sean McHenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 10th, 2006, 02:38 PM   #34
Major Player

I finished, but would have like to have had an extra minute to two of film time to work with. The rough cut was 6:30 the final cut was 4:55

Bill
Old April 10th, 2006, 03:52 PM   #35
Regular Crew

yup, i finished!
Steve Shilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 10th, 2006, 04:07 PM   #36
Wrangler

Vote to repeal the Wall o' Shame???

Well, it is Dylan's contest so we, the vulgar masses, don't get a vote.

IF I had a vote, which I don't, I would vote to keep the Wall o' Shame even though my name will be on it this time 'round. Just part of the fun and frolick of the contest...doesn't cost you any money or your firstborn. Honestly, if a chance at the great prizes from DVC's generous sponsors aren't enough to motivate someone to get off their ass and shoot, I don't imagine fear of the Wall o' Shame will do the trick! As we Wall o' Shamers now know, "You can't win if you don't play!"
Pete Bauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 10th, 2006, 08:03 PM   #37
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh DiMauro
I vote to remove the wall of shame. Too much stigma. Too much self-effacing flogging. We all try. If we don't make it, well, so what? We try harder next time. Who's with me?
Man, you had help and finished! I did not, and did not! Too late to bitch now! I'll hang on the wall with pride and fingernails bared. You may even get my dolly!

Mike
Old April 11th, 2006, 03:18 PM   #38
Regular Crew

Finished too. Have a previous glance at my result:

LINK REMOVED BY DYLAN: Sorry Volker, DVC rules state that no films may be shown until officially posted!

OK - I respect this!

Last edited by Volker Krieger; April 12th, 2006 at 08:33 AM.
Volker Krieger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 11th, 2006, 05:23 PM   #39
Major Player

I learned that I have to revise the script or edit the 1st draft because some of the lines sound really stupid. But it was fun making.
Richard Zlamany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 12th, 2006, 08:47 AM   #40
Trustee

Wall Of Shame

Okay. We keep it. :-)

Vive Le Resistance! Vive Le Maquisards!

Last edited by Hugh DiMauro; April 13th, 2006 at 07:16 AM.
Hugh DiMauro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 12th, 2006, 01:24 PM   #41
Regular Crew

I finished...emailed the link, now I'm waiting to see how it goes.
Darryl Ahye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 12th, 2006, 03:45 PM   #42
Regular Crew

i didn't finish. i really didn't even start. i thought a lot. i tend to come up with ideas after the deadline passes.
Old April 12th, 2006, 09:25 PM   #43
Regular Crew

Well im pinned on the wall of shame with legs kicking, it does suck to not have finished but I will be bringing it for the next DVC
Jeff Tyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 13th, 2006, 05:47 AM   #44
Wrangler

26 Entries, although there should be 27, as one person didn't include a link. Waiting to hear back from them....

Psst... Brendan Marnell, check your inbox! ;)

Also, Lorinda Norton... check your inbox, you didn't email me the mass viewing link.
Old April 15th, 2006, 12:20 AM   #45
Trustee

So far I have only watched "Love Bites" but man, if they are all anywhere near that quality, and I hear lots are, this is going to be great.

Sean

http://www.DeepBlueEdit.com
Sean McHenry is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > The DV Challenge