DVC'ers at NAB - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > The DV Challenge

The DV Challenge
An organized theme-based competition where Content is King!

Old April 19th, 2006, 07:52 AM   #16
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylan Couper
My NAB status is dependant on me getting a last minute flight to Vegas after wrapping a shoot Monday night/Tuesday morning, and also bumming couch space in someone's hotel room.
So who here has a suite at Bellagio? :)
Dylan,

I'm at Circus Circus and I'm by myself, well most of the time! Your welcome to crash there. I hope you make the flight.

Mike
Old April 19th, 2006, 08:12 AM   #17
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Boston
If the layout is similar to last year, there is a nice little cafe/free wi-fi at the rear of south hall upper floor. Along with tables for eating, there was an additional 'lounging area' replete with chairs and couches. That might work nicely for a small get together on site at the show.
This sounds good to me. Do people want to try to meet there Tuesday at 3:00 for snacks and socializing?

Bill
William Gardner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 20th, 2006, 09:00 AM   #18
Trustee

My guy from Foxwoods never called back. I kinda figured he wouldn't. Oh well, I guess Bill's got the right idea. Thanks for caring enough to get all of us movie makers together in one room. I am humbled at the talent on this board. Talk about raising the bar? This is an exciting time to be creative with a video camera.
Old April 20th, 2006, 09:32 AM   #19
Trustee

OK, since I never, after 27 years now in broadcasting, have been to Vegas for any reason let alone NAB, I request you guys tape the lunch meeting. I think it would be great to see some footage of all you guys sitting there hammering brews while the rest of us hold the fort in your absence. Someone take along a small video camera. You guys can make up whatever you want when you get back but I want to see all you guys having the fun I so far have not been able to talk the bosses into letting me have.

Use a cell phone if you have to but I want to see you guys having fun.

If you have Wi-Fi available, take a small web camera and laptop and let us know when you will do a webcast. You can download Windows Media Encoder and it will allow you to stream from the camera/mic. You may have issues with blocked ports and all so that might not work. But if you try that route, you can use the web camera to record directly to Windows Media Files and just post the resulting file.

Just ideas.

Have fun. Make sure you all come back.

Sean McHenry

http://www.DeepBlueEdit.com
Sean McHenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 21st, 2006, 04:03 PM   #20
Wrangler

It is done, I will be at NAB from Monday night to Thursday afternoon!

Anyone who wants to get together for a drink please email me for my cell number.

Anyone with an extra ticket to Celine D... I mean Folies Bergere, give me a shout!
Old April 21st, 2006, 05:22 PM   #21
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by William Gardner
Greg Boston wrote: If the layout is similar to last year, there is a nice little cafe/free wi-fi at the rear of south hall upper floor. Along with tables for eating, there was an additional 'lounging area' replete with chairs and couches. That might work nicely for a small get together on site at the show.

Bill wrote: This sounds good to me. Do people want to try to meet there Tuesday at 3:00 for snacks and socializing?
Didn't get any replies to this. Do folks want to do this or no?

Bill
PS: Dylan, will we have the DVC5 results before or after NAB?
Old April 21st, 2006, 06:43 PM   #22
Wrangler

Tuesday at 3pm works for me. I'll just be getting over my hangover from night #1.
Old April 21st, 2006, 06:50 PM   #23
Wrangler

Quote:
It is done, I will be at NAB from Monday night to Thursday afternoon!
Hey!!! That's what I wanted to hear... :)

Bill, I'm planning to be there at 3:00. But what if (using Greg's words) the layout isn't similar to last year? Cell phone numbers all around?
Old April 21st, 2006, 06:55 PM   #24
Major Player

If folks want to email cell phone numbers to me, I'll email out a list of numbers Sunday night.

Bill
Old April 21st, 2006, 10:05 PM   #25
Inner Circle

Quote:
Tuesday at 3pm works for me. I'll just be getting over my hangover from night #1.

Damn, I'm on the late flight on Tuesday and will not be able to get with anyone until Wednesday! Let's figure a place to meet!

Lorinda and Dylan have my cell, so we should be set!

Mike
Old April 25th, 2006, 06:59 PM   #26
Major Player

Any Exciting Updates?

Thought I would see if we have any live updates from those of you attending NAB.

Having fun? William? Mike? Dylan? Lorinda? Hugh? Let us poor saps that couldn't show up live vicariously through you.

Best Wishes~
Bradley
Bradley L Marlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 26th, 2006, 01:00 PM   #27
Major Player

I just got back into San Diego this morning. We (me, Dylan, Pete, Lorinda, Hugh, Rob, Greg, and Chris: did I forget anybody?) had a fun get-together yesterday. It was great to meet everybody and put a face on the names behind all of the posts and DVC entries.

Unfortunately, I came in too late for Monday night's party and I had dinner plans which got in the way of Tuesday night's party, so I missed out on REALLY getting to know everybody. :) I'd love to read some posts on these parties, but I suspect that the party attendees may have difficulty remembering enough the next morning to describe what happened. Or perhaps it's better if, as they say, "what happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas"... :)

Bill
Old April 26th, 2006, 01:54 PM   #28
Major Player

lol Bill. Sounds like it was a great time. Glad you got to meet some DVC peeps and thanks for the update.

Best Wishes~
Bradley
Bradley L Marlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 26th, 2006, 03:41 PM   #29
RED Code Chef

It was great meeting everyone. And yeah, the party's were.... what's the right word... interesting :) One party left for tonight and then it's back to everyday life tomorrow.

Rob Lohman, visuar@iname.com
DV Info Wrangler & RED Code Chef

Join the DV Challenge | Lady X

Search DVinfo.net for quick answers | Buy from the best: DVinfo.net sponsors
Rob Lohman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 28th, 2006, 12:43 AM   #30
Wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bradley L Marlow
Having fun? William? Mike? Dylan? Lorinda? Hugh? Let us poor saps that couldn't show up live vicariously through you.

It's hard to type when you can't focus on the keys, much less feel your fingers. :)

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > The DV Challenge