What's next? - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > The DV Challenge

The DV Challenge
An organized theme-based competition where Content is King!

Old August 15th, 2006, 02:01 AM   #16
Major Player

Sounds neat. If I don't vote it's not because I don't care but it's because I am working as PM on a feature movie that starts on monday and I will be away from my beloved computer and Internet...
Old August 15th, 2006, 09:21 PM   #17
Trustee

Jay and Justin, wow. Those are some good bits you guys have there. Justin, I left positive comments on Hot Dog Man and another one you have on Google. Jay, well done animation. I wish I had the patients and the math skills for stop motion.

I often thought of just using a cheap digital still camera. Just don't have the ability to sit down and think it through... like, OK, I want the character to take 1 second to raise his hand. I'm shooting at 24Fps so I will need 24 stills for that movement. I also want him to lift his right foot but that needs to take 1 1/2 seconds so that will take 36 frames. I also want him to be flying across the room and that should take 5 seconds on his magic carpet so that's 120 frames. Now the bad guy enters 3 seconds into it so that's frame...Doh!

Nope, can't do it.

And Dylan, I swear it wasn't up when I asked that question. Maybe it was all the caffine and it just looked like I was in motion officer...

As for anyone looking for my shorts, (They're in the laundry) - sorry, they are on my site, see the sig line.

http://www.DeepBlueEdit.com
Sean McHenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 16th, 2006, 06:17 AM   #18
Regular Crew

Haha Sean. You should try it, it really isn't that hard once you get started. And as for the timing, I don't really get much into that, I just know I move the pieces about a millimeter and a half each time and it all sort of comes together. I don't know about Jay though, he is a professional stop motion animator and probably has a more efficient technique.

I just watched 'Cat Fight', 'Frame 37' and 'Memories of a Dream'. They were all well done, I like perticularily Memories of a Dream. I find watching experimental/art films more interesting as it shows off the directors imagination and inside the mind. Cool videos.
Justin Tomchuk is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > The DV Challenge