A Message From Our Beloved Leader at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > The DV Challenge

The DV Challenge
An organized theme-based competition where Content is King!

Old September 3rd, 2006, 09:44 AM   #1
Wrangler

A Message From Our Leader

Found this in my inbox this morning. Looks like some of you who are antsy about the vote will have to hang on a little longer! Our good Challenge Master is a busy, busy man... :)

Hey Lorinda, can you make a post for me apologizing for being behind on announcing the winner? cOUPLE MORE days, internet time is limited as I'm travellingworking. Prob wednesday before i can tally the votes.
Thx!
D

Last edited by Lorinda Norton; September 3rd, 2006 at 10:28 AM.
Lorinda Norton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 3rd, 2006, 11:20 AM   #2
Regular Crew

Thanks for passing that on, Lorinda. I guess I'll go do something constructive for a few days.

-j
Jay Silver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 3rd, 2006, 02:56 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Thank you now I can finally stop clicking refresh for hours on the forum
Jeff Tyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 3rd, 2006, 09:59 PM   #4
Trustee

Understandable, and thanks for passing along. Now I can get back to a few more rounds of UT2003... or was that guiness? Don't know...
Peter Ferling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 4th, 2006, 09:05 AM   #5
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by HIs Lateness
Hey Lorinda, can you make a post for me apologizing for being behind on announcing the winner? cOUPLE MORE days, internet time is limited as I'm travellingworking. Prob wednesday before i can tally the votes.
Thx!
To bide the time, I say we all play a game called guess the DVC6 winner.

The rules of the game are as follows:

You provide your guess, say why you think it will win, then you explain succiently why the winner is less deserving than your own effort.

I get to go first.

Predicted Winner: That SunBurn film by William Gardner.
Why will it win?
People like that vampire stuff. The neat editing and great cinematography doesn't hurt. What's he even doing in this contest? Why isn't he off making features?

Now, why is this fanged wonder less deserving than Mandy's Letter?

Get real. We're talking about a girl who spent her whole life taking care of her handicapped mother, who was shot through the neck while nursing her baby. We shouldn't let a little thing like soft focus, jerky pans, and a lack of Sun, provide an additional handicap to this worthy entry.

See. This could be fun. If you see the tongue buried deeply in the cheek...
Dick Mays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 4th, 2006, 11:35 AM   #6
Major Player

Predicted Winner: The Bright Side by Jay Silver
Why will it win?
People like that fang stuff. The neat editing and great cinematography doesn't hurt. What's he even doing in this contest? Why isn't he off making features?

Now, why is this fanged wonder less deserving than Sun Burns?

The guy doesn't even know that he should be walking towards sunset. :)
William Gardner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 4th, 2006, 11:38 AM   #7
Major Player

or maybe...

Predicted Winner: Fresh Baked - James Huenergardt
Why will it win?
Enough with the vampire stuff: let's have a film without fangs in it winning! Great shooting, nice idea pulled off well, and who doesn't like cookies? And unlike virtually every other film in the competition, it came in under 3 minutes which is worth something!

Now, why is this less deserving than Sun Burns? Umm..... I'll get back to you on this one...

Bill
Old September 4th, 2006, 11:41 AM   #8
Major Player

Last one: I'm getting carried away.

Predicted Loser: Sun Burns
Why will it crash and burn?
Give me a break: doesn't this guy have any better ideas? OK, it was a little cute the first time in DVC5, but let's stop beating a dead horse here.

Predicted Winner: Sun Burns
Why will it win?
Because Dylan has given Bill just enough time to hack into Dylan's email server and fix the vote. Heck, it worked for DVC5...

Bill
Old September 5th, 2006, 04:46 PM   #9
Major Player

Bill,

Good points with Bright side and Fresh Baked. Two seemingly worthy efforts that are obvious contenders if you only take into consideration, beautiful cinematography, original stories, and excellent editing. Clearly, we need to factor in other considerations, like who has a running motorcycle? That's way cool!

Of course a Tiki bar is pretty cool, so maybe there will have to be further considerations....
Dick Mays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 5th, 2006, 05:52 PM   #10
Wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick Mays
Of course a Tiki bar is pretty cool, so maybe there will have to be further considerations....
You're finally talking my language! Meatball moviemaking with two-bit props. And beer. ;)
Old September 5th, 2006, 09:16 PM   #11
Trustee

Did somebody say beer? Ah man, I must of have been working...
Old September 6th, 2006, 07:59 AM   #12
Wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Ferling
Did somebody say beer? ...
Ah, the real secret as to why I'm late with the votes!

Hey guys, got myself at least 10 uninterrupted minutes of bonafide high speed interweb goodness. I'm going to jot down the votes now, but have to now get my butt in a car for a couple hours to a different location so will do the addition then. However... I probably won't have my butt in front of a computer again (Yes, I'm the only one left in the world without a laptop!) until probably Friday. I hope to be able to post the votes then.

Well, see y'all in a few more... I know, I know... Just keep drinking.

Dylan
Old September 6th, 2006, 10:00 AM   #13
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylan Couper
Just keep drinking.

Dylan
Our leader has spoken! Sway not from your task, unless such task is what causes you to sway...
Old September 6th, 2006, 02:06 PM   #14
Trustee

For some unknown reason this old saying just popped into my noggin:

"an Irishman is never drunk as long as he can hold onto one blade of grass and not fall off the face of the earth"

I'm not saying I know what it means - but I'm hanging on for all I'm worth.

http://us.st11.yimg.com/us.st.yimg.c..._1910_12297011

(I throw in the link to prove I didn't just make that up.)

Sean

For those following at home, "Cat Fight at OK and Corral" has been seen over 5126 times in the last 30 days...

http://www.DeepBlueEdit.com
Sean McHenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 6th, 2006, 11:10 PM   #15
Major Player

I don't know about you other losers, but i'm brushing up on my skills while I wait to see the winner. NO WAY am I going to be left out of the top 13ish next round. In fact I've started writing my story. It basically encompases every possible theme there is. right now it's 28 hours long but I'm ready to widdle it down when the theme is announced. I've got every element, emotion, scene, gadget, holiday, and whatever else I could think of thrown in. I started shooting this week. I have a cast of 298 shot in 37 countries. I've hired 23 people to score the short. I have access to Paramount's sound stages and wardrobe. I've also hired the best animal wranglers on the planet incase I need some shadows of cats or dogs, you never know. I was also thinking of buying everyone a computer preloaded with my short and only my short (that's what my manager suggested). I even bought one of those clapper thingy's "scene 248 take 67, clap". Fangs???? boy have I collected the best fang people in the biz. I even hired Famous Amos to cater the shoot. Man o man am I ready for DVC7.
Michael Fossenkemper is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > The DV Challenge