The REAL Dvc7 Theme Announcement! Go Go Go - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > The DV Challenge

The DV Challenge
An organized theme-based competition where Content is King!

Old December 8th, 2006, 11:53 PM   #16
Wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Cummings
so where are we sending the end product? sorry if it sounds stupid. is there an email address?
I should re-post the full rules, basically you put your film up on the web and then email me the link, then I post the links here a couple per day for a week so everyone has even exposure.

Check out www.thedvchallenge.com for more detail!
Old December 9th, 2006, 01:59 PM   #17
Regular Crew

thanks mike
David Cummings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 10th, 2006, 09:18 PM   #18
Major Player

Well we just had our shooting wrap up party, well I think it was a party. It involved chips and dip in a car on the New York Thru way.

One Day of shooting hell, laughter, near death, great times, near failures and did I say laughter. Robert, his father, Paul and myself shot 5 locations in 6 hours. I'm beat like a dead horse. I have no idea if any of it works, we'll find out this week. my dog is already asleep, i'm right behind her.
Michael Fossenkemper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 10th, 2006, 11:33 PM   #19
Major Player

Well, we got off the Thruway fairly early on and took a different, less aggravating route. Got home about a quarter to eleven, unloaded the van (just the camera equipment, really, the ladders and everything will have to wait 'til my back has recovered from rocketing through the woods at top speed a dozen times in a row), had dinner, and sat around for a little while to try and relax. I just hopped online to see how much board and email activity I missed over the weekend--not much, it seems--then I'm going to bed.

There was indeed quite a bit of laughter, and without making any promises, I believe we got some of it on tape. All in all a great day, and I thank Mike for the chance to participate. Now get cuttin', I want to see this thing finished!
Robert Martens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 11th, 2006, 12:03 AM   #20
Wrangler

LOL! That sounds like soooo much fun. :) Way to go, guys, and best of luck to you!
Old December 11th, 2006, 12:07 AM   #21
Major Player

Congrats guys! Can't wait to see how it turns out! I wrote a script for my movie, unfortunately, all of my friends are busy so they can't act in it this time around. :( Which pretty much puts me on to the wall of shame. Unless, I manage to make a one man show.. If I can think of one, that is.

~Gabriel
Old December 11th, 2006, 01:51 AM   #22
Wrangler

Almost the same thing happened to me, Gabriel. Hang in there--we can get something posted in time! :)
Old December 11th, 2006, 07:22 AM   #23
Major Player

Punt, you'll be fine

2 of my 3 cast/crew crowd called in sick at the last minute. It's frustrating because it's not going to turn out as good as it was in my head. Switching a part from the brother to the sister wouldn't have been the end of the world if I had a sister who could act. But I had me, whose attitude is 'acting distracts me from the technical stuff I'm actually interested in.' You never want actors with a bad attitude, so I thought about bailing. But then I figured, what the hey. I lugged all the gear home I might as well shoot something. If it's not as good as I wanted it to be I'll just have more to learn from.

Happy editing everyone.
Kris Holodak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 11th, 2006, 07:31 AM   #24
Major Player

I have zero actors, just myself (never acted a day in my life) and my 3 year old daughter will play a small, but key role. With an appearance by my reluctant wife.

So far so good, but I've yet to step in front of the camera. :)

Sounds like we're all having fun though!

Mike
Old December 11th, 2006, 08:19 AM   #25
Regular Crew

I can't believe you wrapped shoot already! I was bashing ideas back and forth all weekend and only started building last night. Pressure's on!

-j
Jay Silver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 11th, 2006, 08:47 AM   #26
Major Player

OT:

Jay, I watched your King Kong short. Well done!

Congratulations.

Mike
Old December 11th, 2006, 10:18 AM   #27
Regular Crew

Thanks. I'm out, by the way. Too much going on all of a sudden and a movie just doesn't have the room.

Too bad. Next time!

-j
Jay Silver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 11th, 2006, 11:13 AM   #28
Wrangler

I'm sorry to hear that, Jay. I was looking forward to your next one.

This business of acting in one's own movie isn't for everyone. I shot a scene yesterday and scrapped the whole thing because I just couldn't take watching myself talk. That, and I was warned that my bathtub scene might give a bad impression. ;) So, it's back to the drawing board...
Old December 11th, 2006, 11:25 AM   #29
Major Player

Lorinda in a bathtub scene?????? I'd pay good money to see that.

Ahhh, come on Jay.... There's 7 whole days left. Heck we were writing and rewriting AS we were shooting. You can do it. One day is all it takes to get the meat of it down. Plus I think I saw it in the rules that the previous winner HAS to finish something. Hopefully you'll rethink it and put something up.
Michael Fossenkemper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 11th, 2006, 11:26 AM   #30
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorinda Norton
I'm sorry to hear that, Jay. I was looking forward to your next one.

This business of acting in one's own movie isn't for everyone. I shot a scene yesterday and scrapped the whole thing because I just couldn't take watching myself talk. That, and I was warned that my bathtub scene might give a bad impression. ;) So, it's back to the drawing board...
A bathtub scene NEVER give a bad impression! ;)

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > The DV Challenge