DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   The DV Challenge (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/dv-challenge/)
-   -   The REAL Dvc7 Theme Announcement! Go Go Go (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/dv-challenge/81222-real-dvc7-theme-announcement-go-go-go.html)

Dylan Couper December 7th, 2006 07:45 PM

The REAL Dvc7 Theme Announcement! Go Go Go

Ok, what you've all been waiting for...
The theme for DVC7 is...

MEMORIES

Now GOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

You have until next Sunday night to finish and email me the link to your online film, at thedvchallenge@hotmail.com
Remember, running time is 3 minutes!

Bradley L Marlow December 7th, 2006 07:45 PM

Aha!

Here we go. (Guess Dylan wasn't messing with us)

Best wishes~
Bradley

Michael Fossenkemper December 7th, 2006 08:02 PM

Memories..... what the....

I'm all set for toys.

Mike Horrigan December 7th, 2006 08:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dylan Couper
Ok, what you've all been waiting for...
The theme for DVC7 is...

MEMORIES

Awesome!

Now I just have to write/direct/act/edit this bad boy!

:)

Michael Fossenkemper December 7th, 2006 08:10 PM

Ok Robert, I'm thinking memories is good. Better than toys. How does your dad feel about wearing a bikini?

Greg Boston December 7th, 2006 08:22 PM

Don't any of you have memories of some favorite toys?

I know I do, but I'm not in the competition.

-gb-

Robert Martens December 7th, 2006 09:03 PM

Only if he gets time and a half.

Chris Barcellos December 7th, 2006 09:33 PM

Greg.. you can still join in according the rules on this one..... Dylan is allowing late sign ups. You could shoot your memories tonight....

Dylan Couper December 7th, 2006 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Barcellos
Greg.. you can still join in according the rules on this one..... Dylan is allowing late sign ups. You could shoot your memories tonight....

Greg, I think you just got called out. :)

Gabriel Yeager December 8th, 2006 12:10 AM

Yes! Here we go! I am all set, for a really late night of trying to come up with a story...

So many options. Do you get extra points for making it have to do with Christmas?

~Gabriel

Mike Teutsch December 8th, 2006 12:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dylan Couper

MEMORIES

Great and me with Alzheimer’s! Oh, I didn't sign up yet! But hell I will probably will anyway. Aah, I think!

Mike

Sean McHenry December 8th, 2006 08:31 AM

I thought I already did memories... I think I did. Yep, I remember it like it was just last year... or was that tomorrow?

Do they have to be MY memories? Could they be the memories of a fictional character?

Sean

Edward Slonaker December 8th, 2006 09:54 AM

Oh, great, now I can't get that @#$% Barbara Streisand song out of my head! Thanks, Dylan!

ACK!.....AARGH!!!

David Cummings December 8th, 2006 10:22 PM

so where are we sending the end product? sorry if it sounds stupid. is there an email address?

Mike Teutsch December 8th, 2006 10:24 PM

Post your movie wherever you can, then send the link to:

thedvchallenge@hotmail.com

Dylan will be anxiously awaiting it! Right Dylan?

Mike

Dylan Couper December 8th, 2006 11:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David Cummings
so where are we sending the end product? sorry if it sounds stupid. is there an email address?

I should re-post the full rules, basically you put your film up on the web and then email me the link, then I post the links here a couple per day for a week so everyone has even exposure.

Check out www.thedvchallenge.com for more detail!

David Cummings December 9th, 2006 01:59 PM

thanks mike

Michael Fossenkemper December 10th, 2006 09:18 PM

Well we just had our shooting wrap up party, well I think it was a party. It involved chips and dip in a car on the New York Thru way.

One Day of shooting hell, laughter, near death, great times, near failures and did I say laughter. Robert, his father, Paul and myself shot 5 locations in 6 hours. I'm beat like a dead horse. I have no idea if any of it works, we'll find out this week. my dog is already asleep, i'm right behind her.

Robert Martens December 10th, 2006 11:33 PM

Well, we got off the Thruway fairly early on and took a different, less aggravating route. Got home about a quarter to eleven, unloaded the van (just the camera equipment, really, the ladders and everything will have to wait 'til my back has recovered from rocketing through the woods at top speed a dozen times in a row), had dinner, and sat around for a little while to try and relax. I just hopped online to see how much board and email activity I missed over the weekend--not much, it seems--then I'm going to bed.

There was indeed quite a bit of laughter, and without making any promises, I believe we got some of it on tape. All in all a great day, and I thank Mike for the chance to participate. Now get cuttin', I want to see this thing finished!

Lorinda Norton December 11th, 2006 12:03 AM

LOL! That sounds like soooo much fun. :) Way to go, guys, and best of luck to you!

Gabriel Yeager December 11th, 2006 12:07 AM

Congrats guys! Can't wait to see how it turns out! I wrote a script for my movie, unfortunately, all of my friends are busy so they can't act in it this time around. :( Which pretty much puts me on to the wall of shame. Unless, I manage to make a one man show.. If I can think of one, that is.

~Gabriel

Lorinda Norton December 11th, 2006 01:51 AM

Almost the same thing happened to me, Gabriel. Hang in there--we can get something posted in time! :)

Kris Holodak December 11th, 2006 07:22 AM

Punt, you'll be fine

2 of my 3 cast/crew crowd called in sick at the last minute. It's frustrating because it's not going to turn out as good as it was in my head. Switching a part from the brother to the sister wouldn't have been the end of the world if I had a sister who could act. But I had me, whose attitude is 'acting distracts me from the technical stuff I'm actually interested in.' You never want actors with a bad attitude, so I thought about bailing. But then I figured, what the hey. I lugged all the gear home I might as well shoot something. If it's not as good as I wanted it to be I'll just have more to learn from.

Happy editing everyone.

Mike Horrigan December 11th, 2006 07:31 AM

I have zero actors, just myself (never acted a day in my life) and my 3 year old daughter will play a small, but key role. With an appearance by my reluctant wife.

So far so good, but I've yet to step in front of the camera. :)

Sounds like we're all having fun though!

Mike

Jay Silver December 11th, 2006 08:19 AM

I can't believe you wrapped shoot already! I was bashing ideas back and forth all weekend and only started building last night. Pressure's on!

-j

Mike Horrigan December 11th, 2006 08:47 AM

OT:

Jay, I watched your King Kong short. Well done!

Congratulations.

Mike

Jay Silver December 11th, 2006 10:18 AM

Thanks. I'm out, by the way. Too much going on all of a sudden and a movie just doesn't have the room.

Too bad. Next time!

-j

Lorinda Norton December 11th, 2006 11:13 AM

I'm sorry to hear that, Jay. I was looking forward to your next one.

This business of acting in one's own movie isn't for everyone. I shot a scene yesterday and scrapped the whole thing because I just couldn't take watching myself talk. That, and I was warned that my bathtub scene might give a bad impression. ;) So, it's back to the drawing board...

Michael Fossenkemper December 11th, 2006 11:25 AM

Lorinda in a bathtub scene?????? I'd pay good money to see that.

Ahhh, come on Jay.... There's 7 whole days left. Heck we were writing and rewriting AS we were shooting. You can do it. One day is all it takes to get the meat of it down. Plus I think I saw it in the rules that the previous winner HAS to finish something. Hopefully you'll rethink it and put something up.

Fredrik-Larsson December 11th, 2006 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lorinda Norton

This business of acting in one's own movie isn't for everyone. I shot a scene yesterday and scrapped the whole thing because I just couldn't take watching myself talk. That, and I was warned that my bathtub scene might give a bad impression. ;) So, it's back to the drawing board...

A bathtub scene NEVER give a bad impression! ;)

Mike Horrigan December 11th, 2006 11:36 AM

Quote:

I personally have NO choice. I will be forced to put myself in front of the camera later this week. I just hope that I'll be the only one gagging while watching it.

Sadly, I feel that my acting is going to sink this ship. Regardless, I'm going to go ahead and finish it.

Mike

Mike Teutsch December 11th, 2006 11:58 AM

Quote:

That, and I was warned that my bathtub scene might give a bad impression. ;)

Never my dear!

Robert Martens December 11th, 2006 12:11 PM

Quote:

This business of acting in one's own movie isn't for everyone. I shot a scene yesterday and scrapped the whole thing because I just couldn't take watching myself talk.

Did you wait at least a day? I've had the same problem, but I've started to get over my discomfort by simply sleeping on it. I refuse to watch video or listen to voice recordings of myself same day; it tends to color my perception, for some reason, and I never like the way I look or sound. If I wait 'til the day after, however, I find I'm usually much more pleased with what I've done. Sounds superstitious, but it works.

Steven Hoffman December 11th, 2006 01:06 PM

I have actors meeting up with me tonight to start filming, I only have one day with my secondary characters, so I need to film all their scenes tonight, then I need to get my main actor to sit still long enough to shoot enough footage so that I know I have it set.

Revisions on the fly are hard...

Lets see if I can peice something together.

-Steve

Lisa Shofner December 11th, 2006 01:46 PM

I'm having a real hard time comming up with a simple (doable in a couple days) script for the topic. I've come up with 4 ideas but by the time they are written out, I realize that it's just way too much for a 5-day 3-minute film.

I know...not really a question. Definately struggling here. I shot & edited a short 3 minute film last night, but it won't work for this topic.

Bradley L Marlow December 11th, 2006 03:37 PM

You can do it!

Anyone considering a one man or one woman show can do it!

Advantages are you do not have to worry about finding actors, actresses, camera people, crew and so on. No one will call in sick on you...you have complete freedom!

eh...eh...eh

Lorinda and Mike- I'm pulling for you.

Best wishes~
Bradley

Mike Teutsch December 11th, 2006 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bradley L Marlow
Anyone considering a one man or one woman show can do it!

Advantages are you do not have to worry about finding actors, actresses, camera people, crew and so on. No one will call in sick on you...you have complete freedom!

Bradley

Does my dog count? Seems like I'm always a one man show.

Mike

Kris Holodak December 11th, 2006 03:59 PM

Of course dogs count. They show up on time. They don't talk back. And the only motivation they need is a piece of cheese. Of everyone I've worked with (including myself) my dog has been my best actor.

Mike Teutsch December 11th, 2006 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kris Holodak
my dog has been my best actor.

That's for sure!

Mike

William Gardner December 11th, 2006 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kris Holodak
my dog has been my best actor.

That's because you cast your dog in an easy role. Try casting him as a cat and see how well he acts. :)

Bill