AAARG - on "The Wall" again!! - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > The DV Challenge
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

The DV Challenge
An organized theme-based competition where Content is King!

Old April 30th, 2007, 01:20 PM   #16
Major Player

Kris? Noooooooooooooooooooooooooo...

Meryem? Noooooooooooooooooooooooooo...

Mike H? Noooooooooooooooooooooooooo...

Dang nab it. Will miss your art.

Best wishes~
Bradley
Bradley L Marlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 30th, 2007, 04:32 PM   #17
Regular Crew

I'm out

I worked 32 hours this week, and had no time to develop a script and film anything. I've got a great storyline to work with, so I still plan on making the short film, obviously not for the contest.

I'll post it when it's done, :)
Joey Taylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 30th, 2007, 11:24 PM   #18
Trustee

As always, I will be curious to see the total number of entries and compare that with the number of folks that couldn't quite drag it to the finish line (likely all for very good reasons mind you). I just like to see how big the competetive field is getting. It's grown with each DVC.

Happy to be here in the trench with all of you. And yes, everyone is a winner, even if DVC8 only got you out to shoot a few hours and you didn't quite finish. At least you got out and shot something. You might not have shot anything if it weren't for the DVCs.

Sean

http://www.DeepBlueEdit.com
Sean McHenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 5th, 2007, 04:06 AM   #19
Trustee

Gutted I didn't get time for this !! I loved the topic as well and had a few great ideas....ah well its the first wall in 4 sign ups I guess........I'll be back next time!
Mat Thompson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 6th, 2007, 05:22 AM   #20
Regular Crew

The wall for me. Uni suddenly piled loads of work and not enough time. Roll on DVC 9.
Old May 6th, 2007, 10:21 AM   #21
Wrangler

That’s too bad, Andrew. Your movie “Speed Camera Kills” came up when Dylan, Bradley Marlow and I were chatting by the pool at NAB last month—something about that hilarious gremlin getting vaporized, etc. I was really looking forward to seeing another Andrew Paul movie! We'll see you next time. :)
Old May 6th, 2007, 11:11 AM   #22
Regular Crew

Thanks Lorinda, I will there at DVC 9 no matter what ....
Old May 6th, 2007, 05:19 PM   #23
Trustee

What's that about misery?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mat Thompson View Post
Gutted I didn't get time for this !! I loved the topic as well and had a few great ideas....ah well its the first wall in 4 sign ups I guess........I'll be back next time!
Well, you've got company. At first I couldn't get actors, then about the time I was about to revise my idea so I could once again get in front of the camera and do it all myself I had an unwanted effect from some of the meds 3 docs have me on and couldn't do anything.

So I'm hangin' there right with you.

Like the line in the song says...

"So we tanned 'is hide, Clyde...
...And that's it a hangin' on the shed."
Bruce Foreman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 7th, 2007, 02:16 AM   #24
Trustee

Shame on me!

Well as a first timer I should have finished my entry but this time it didn't work.
Too much things was coming up and the talents (the ducks) wasn't in the best mood!

Sorry guys, maybe next time...
Old May 7th, 2007, 12:04 PM   #25
Major Player

Bruce, Mat and Per too? Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Dang nab it. Hope to see you for dvc 9.
Old May 8th, 2007, 05:22 PM   #26
Major Player

I just realized I haven't said anything for days...haven't even been logged in, as it turns out. Must've cleaned out my cookies.

So I'm up here again, for the time being. Took me a week to come up with an idea, another couple days to get over my usual woe-is-me depression about not being able to get anything accomplished, even more to get some props and equipment, and when all was said and done, I didn't have time to finish what I'd wanted to. Around noon Monday I had an idea for a potential last minute substitute submission, and I managed to clean up my bedroom and shoot the entire thing before midnight. I cut it together, but the end result was way too dark. I'm used to getting acceptable results from this camera in low light, but I neglected to take into account how much is lost in the wide angle adapter; it looks better now that I've had a few days to separate myself from the footage, but the whole premise kinda sucked anyway, so no entry from me.

But all is not lost! I already own a previous generation Evolution 100 kit, so I'm not concerned about missing out on prizes (as usual, with some of these entries I wouldn't have stood a chance...real cops, even homicide detectives? How could I compete with that?), and I still plan to complete the movie. I've got my thirty-someodd yards of fabric, the thrift store suit jacket that doesn't button 'cause it's not my size, a thirteen dollar TV I got along with it, two brand new worklights, daylight bulbs for a couple of fluroescents my dad had lying around--from some ad agency in Manhattan that was moving out of their space in the late eighties, even with the bulbs they've got they don't flicker on camera, and there's no audible buzz--a few two by fours, eight cubic feet of play sand (it's white, for some reason, I've never seen that before), and permission to use the music I want. Can't let the musicians down, now can I? Here's hoping I get it done in the next week or two.

Sorry to hear so many of us didn't complete what we'd planned to, best of luck next time!
Robert Martens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 8th, 2007, 05:41 PM   #27
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Martens View Post

But all is not lost! I already own a previous generation Evolution 100 kit, so I'm not concerned about missing out on prizes (as usual, with some of these entries I wouldn't have stood a chance...real cops, even homicide detectives? How could I compete with that?), and I still plan to complete the movie. I've got my thirty-someodd yards of fabric, the thrift store suit jacket that doesn't button 'cause it's not my size, a thirteen dollar TV I got along with it, two brand new worklights, daylight bulbs for a couple of fluroescents my dad had lying around--from some ad agency in Manhattan that was moving out of their space in the late eighties, even with the bulbs they've got they don't flicker on camera, and there's no audible buzz--a few two by fours, eight cubic feet of play sand (it's white, for some reason, I've never seen that before), and permission to use the music I want. Can't let the musicians down, now can I? Here's hoping I get it done in the next week or two.
Yes, please get it done. I'm very curious now to see what you make from that relatively random list of stuff.

Smile,
Kris
Kris Holodak is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > The DV Challenge