Region Specific flags (somehow).... - Page 3 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > DV Info Net Announcements
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

DV Info Net Announcements
Important news relating to the DV Info Net site and these message boards.

Old November 14th, 2010, 10:55 PM   #31
Inner Circle

Wow, 3,855 and climbing................

However, another reason to get this working.

Some of you may be aware I've scored the camera support revue of the century, by getting Vinten, Sachtler, Miller, Libec and Manfrotto to commit new series equipment in the light medium camcorder/ medium heavy HD DSLR category for a head to head shoot out (whether I'll see all the gear is still a bit fuzzy based on reponses to mails, but I'll keep chipping away).

On the basis of that supposed coup, I thought there must be bods here in Dunedin that would gnaw their own arms off to get a stab at playing with this gear whilst I had it.

So I tracked down the local Film/ Video Club here in Otago and had a good chat with the guy "in charge".

It appears that, because of the changing demographics, the old style "clubs" that met at a local hall one Monday a month are dying on their feet.

Added to that, the older members are just plain dying, period, and they simply cannot recruit younger members, as they want to do everything on line (and are too young, busy, lazy or whatever to commit to actual physical presence at a meeting), and, of course, the existing clubs web sites are nothing short of a disgrace.

Cue DVinfo and regional codes! Get the school and college kids hooked up, host their own club sites here, where they can chat to other locals and still have all the advantages of DVinfo's amazing Forums.

At the moment they are, apparently, using their own school/ college networks for whatever talking they do do, but it's the blind leading the blind.

There's scope here for amazing things IF we can get the regional codes off the ground.

Heck, I'd even be prepared to personally do the school/ college circuit on a suitably based recruitng drive.

Yeah, I guess that was another drip.

CS
Chris Soucy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 12th, 2011, 09:47 PM   #32
Inner Circle

Re: Region Specific flags (somehow)....

Drip.

Wow, 6,762 hits (and no, they ain't mine, either), not a world record, I admit, but pretty good for such an esoteric subject.

Still think it's a very good idea, even after all this time.

What do you reckon Chris, any chance (of even a part) or just too hard/ expensive/ not cost effective?

CS
Chris Soucy is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > DV Info Net Announcements