DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   DV Info Net Announcements (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/dv-info-net-announcements/)
-   -   Trouble with notification of new posts? (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/dv-info-net-announcements/128182-trouble-notification-new-posts.html)

Trond Saetre November 22nd, 2008 04:17 AM

I got one notification mail today, but none about this thread.

I'm using yahoo mail.

Graham Bernard November 22nd, 2008 05:05 AM

Trond, I got notif of your 10:17 AM one above.

But still no NEW posts button to working.

Grazie

Jeff Harper November 23rd, 2008 04:04 PM

Well, it's happening again for me, or I should say, not happening. No notifications since yesterday. It was working swimmingly.

Just got a big batch a few hours ago, though some were quite late. Would appear it is still being worked on. Good work guys, thanks for your efforts.

Trond Saetre November 25th, 2008 07:45 AM

The notification emails are slowly getting back.
I still don't receive all I should, but almost.

Thanks Chris, for spending so much time fixing this!

Jason Davis November 28th, 2008 10:09 PM

Not sure if I have something setup wrong or I am not doing something right? I have been replying in a couple of threads (that I have started). I will get an e-mail telling me that someone has responded, but when I go to the actual thread there posts are not there, and my responses are not visible either??? Also seems like the date is wrong, posts from yesterday say they were posted today?? What am I doing wrong

Chris Hurd November 28th, 2008 10:24 PM

Yeah, we're aware of that and are working to get it sorted out. Hang in there.

Steve Phillipps December 4th, 2008 05:24 AM

When I post a question it's not coming up in New Posts for some reason. Also, when I click New Posts it lists about 33 pages. Something's gone wrong with my account I think, it does the same on other computers too.
Can you help me out please. I think I've posted things and got no replies 'cos no-ones seen them!
Cheers,
Steve

Jenn Kramer December 4th, 2008 09:43 AM

Hey Steve, have you tried logging out and logging back in?

Steve Phillipps December 5th, 2008 04:43 AM

Lots of times! And deleted cookies etc.
My new posts just don't seem to come up, did this come up as a new post for you?
Steve

Per Johan Naesje December 5th, 2008 05:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve Phillipps (Post 973266)
Lots of times! And deleted cookies etc.
My new posts just don't seem to come up, did this come up as a new post for you?
Steve

I have the same problem! Posting lead to a time out error message. When I re-post I often get a dobbe-posting, very frustrating!

Jenn Kramer December 5th, 2008 11:20 AM

If you guys can send me your browser/os versions, I'll see if I can replicate. This came up as a new post for me, and I haven't gotten any post timeout messages in the last couple of days.

Steve Phillipps December 5th, 2008 04:08 PM

I'm on Windows XP and Google. Every time I click new posts it says there are 35 pages of them!
Steve

Per Johan Naesje December 5th, 2008 04:19 PM

Win XP (SP3), Internet Explorer build 7.0.5730.13

Jenn Kramer December 5th, 2008 07:38 PM

You'll see lots of pages of New Posts unless you clear the forum read list under quicklinks. At some point in the list you'll see a line like this:

The threads below have not been updated since your last visit but still contain unread posts.

Everything above that are things that were posted since the last time you visited the site, everything below are things posted previously but you haven't read. (Or since you cleared your forum read list.)

Graham Bernard December 6th, 2008 11:21 AM

I'm getting New Posts now.

I logged-out asked and got a new pw and off I went! 884 New posts!!!

Chris - I'm Baaack . . .!

Grazie